Thread: "Blocked Intrusions" in My ZoneAlarm Free Firewall Does not Seem to Be Working

consumer Guest

Default "Blocked Intrusions" in My ZoneAlarm Free Firewall Does not Seem to Be Working

Hello,
    In
    the past, the "Overview" section of ZoneAlarm firewell used to show constant intrusion blocks.
    Every few minutes that intrusion count went up.
    But with the latest version I just installed in my new laptop I just purchased, the figure always stays at "0."
    The firewall is showing no intrusion blocks at all.
    Is something wrong with the firewall?
    Thanks.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

consumer Guest

Default Re: "Blocked Intrusions" in My ZoneAlarm Free Firewall Does not Seem to Be Working

A second question please: Aside from the firewall, do I need to take any other steps to secure my wireless NIC connection to my AT&T modem?
    Can the data leaving my wireless NIC and heading towards the wireless modem be intercepted by outsiders?

Thanks!

consumer Guest

Default Re: "Blocked Intrusions" in My ZoneAlarm Free Firewall Does not Seem to Be Working

I would consider purchasing the Pro version if someone can answer this question for me.
    Thanks.

<blockquote><hr>Consumer wrote:
    I would consider purchasing the Pro version if someone can answer this question for me.
    Thanks.
    <hr></blockquote>

I answer not because of your promise to purchase, just to help and get this straighten out.

More than likely the ZA was previous misconfigured and the previously seen "intrusions" were just dropped connections between the PC and the router. Nothing nefarious.
    The router shoudl always drop unwanted incoming connections before the PC's firewall. So there never should be any intrusions in the first place.
    With the new install of the ZA, the ZA was this time configured properly. So the usual connections between the router and the PC this time are not seen as "intrusions" and are allowed (as they should be).

The previous "intrusions" were connections from the router to the PC and not connections from the internet to the PC.
    If you have previous logs saved from the ZA, these will verify this as fact.

Cheers.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information