Thread: I got sick of Vista and went back to XP put ZoneAlarm on...

belveder Guest

Default I got sick of Vista and went back to XP put ZoneAlarm on...

I got sick of Vista and went back to XP put ZoneAlarm on and was very impressed by the looks, but I have a ton of problems installing software with ZoneAlarm running, when I try to install software I get all different types of messages saying that certain dll's access is blocked or I don't have permission to access files so I have to abort the installation. I uninstalled ZoneAlarm and all worked fine after that.

Any help would be appreciated

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: I got sick of Vista and went back to XP put ZoneAlarm on...

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>belveder wrote:
    I got sick of Vista and went back to XP put ZoneAlarm on and was very impressed by the looks, but I have a ton of problems installing software with ZoneAlarm running, when I try to install software I get all different types of messages saying that certain dll's access is blocked or I don't have permission to access files so I have to abort the installation. I uninstalled ZoneAlarm and all worked fine after that.

Any help would be appreciated

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>NOTE: Make sure all of the following Programs have Trusted and Internet access (2 Green Check Marks):a.) All Microsoft and Windows Programs have Green Check marks for Trusted and Internet Access..b.) Generic Host Process for win32 Services (svchost.exe) also allow Trusted Server Rights (no Internet Server Rights)c.) IE Crash Detectiond.) Internet Explorere.) Malicious Software Removal Toolf.) True Vector Service (If it is listed)g.) Zone Alarm Clienth.) Zone Alarm Updating Clienti.) Your Email Client needs Trusted, Internet accessand Send Mail all need Green check Marks..To get out of the ZA Menu Display Look at the TOP far Right corner there is a Small X, click on that X to turn OFF the ZA Menu..and you all set to Go..One more thing why I got your attention..On the ZA Menu near the Bottom Left..is the Privacy Option that controls The "Site List" of places that you have visited with MS IE..If you have a problem accessing a Web Site, it may be because the Listing for that web Site is Listed in thePrivacy (Site List) and is trying to protect you from yourself..If you need to gain more Access to that Web Site this is one place were you Look..Click on the Privacy Tab, then Click on Site-list, then look down the list for the Web-site name,Right Click on the web-site name or address and click on "Options" a new window opens with three columns, Cookies, Ad-Blocking and Mobile Codes.. click on Reset to Default and click on Apply for each of the three columns, then clock OK..Here is a Helpful Forum Link for ZASS 7.0.470.000http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73645
    Good Luck..

Please post back with your progress report..

--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.470.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.470.000
    Driver version:7.0.470.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:947866397
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200803.3585
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV