Thread: Slow shutdown with ZAISS 8.0.298.000

Default Slow shutdown with ZAISS 8.0.298.000

Hi.
    About a week ago I upgraded to ZAISS 8.0.298.000. Since then Windows takes much longer to shutdown (i.e., about 3 or so minutes). My father installed the same version on his laptop, and he too encountered the same problem.
    Is this a bug? Is this a known problem to the ZA team?
    I noticed several other postings where people have complained about slow shutdown times after installing the update. There were suggestions to tweak the registry, but I checked my system's registry and they are all set to the default Windows settings.
    Any help in resolving this problem would be appreciated.
    Sincerely,Rupertsland
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro SP3
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.000
    Driver version:8.0.298.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:980157196
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200903.5505
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429

Message Edited by dfschmid on 03-15-2009 07:52 PM

lyne Guest

Default Re: ZASS 8.0.298.000 - WinXP shutdown is very slow

I found with the last update of the ENGINE (8. 59)
    that my system takes forever to boot up and SHUT DOWN, I just stay patient... I assume that ZA is scanning. I am running XP Home and refuse to go to Vista.
    The latest update seems to ASK if you want it, but then keeps reminding you to GET IT... I downloaded this bloated thing, do not want the new parts, and have not installed it. I came here to the forums to see how others were faring with it. Not so good, I am thinking?
    I can't find many other threads, so maybe others are holding off too?
    One thread says that the customer can't get an answer from ZA...
    this does not inspire confidence. Maybe I will try the live chat tomorrow and see if we HAVE to install this version of ZA... I will watch this thread too.
    Thanks for any information on the slow shut down (my start up may be very slow because I have a LOT of icons on my desktop).
    Lyne

Default Re: ZASS 8.0.298.000 - WinXP shutdown is very slow

Hi Lyne.
    There is a way to turn off those annoying
    update reminders. In ZASS' main window, click on Overview, Preferences, and then under Check for Updates, click on the option called Manually. To find out if an update is available, simply click on the button Check For Update on the right at any time.
    Shut down is still very slow. I'm running a full scan to see if that might help in any way.

Vista? Wait for Windows 7
    Like most people, I skipped Vista entirely. I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole! Wait for Windows 7, which is due next year. I've been following the development of Windows 7 over the past year and it's not just another "Vista". I'll skip the features and talk briefly about security.
    Overall, security is much better in Windows 7 than in either Vista or XP. XP users should seriously consider upgrading in the near future. The UAC (User Account Control) problems in Vista reported by most users
    has been fixed in Windows 7. Microsoft listened, and did a great job cleaning up the UAC security mess. While the default (initial) security level after installation will be set to maximum, users will be able to change the security level manually. It's easy to access, use and understand, and leaves the user in control. Security alert messages have been dramatically reduced and tucked away to the system tray. It's far too early to say how ZASS will run with Windows 7, but I'm not worried.
    I don't think we will see a repeat of Vista all over again with Windows 7. Microsoft can not afford to repeat mistakes.
    Cheers,Dirk

Message Edited by dfschmid on 03-14-2009 03:07 PM

Message Edited by dfschmid on 03-14-2009 03:08 PM

Thread Information