Thread: ZAISS Scanning at Wrong Time Since Daylight Savings

rdcollins Guest

Default ZAISS Scanning at Wrong Time Since Daylight Savings

I have ZAISS 7.0.470 on a Windows XP Home computer. I have it configured to do a complete virus and spyware scan every evening at 10:00 p.m. That worked fine until we switched to daylight savings time. The computer clock was correctly updated when the time changed, and it shows the correct time.

However, since the time change, ZAISS now runs the scans at 11:00 p.m. every evening, even though the the option is still set at 10:00 p.m. for both scans.

This is a problem because the computer is configured to shut off at 1:00 a.m., and because of the size of my computer (6 hard drives and a couple of jump drives to scan), the scan is not completed by the time it shuts down.

Two obvious workarounds -- change the time of the shutdown, or change the scan time to 9:00 p.m.

However, I shouldn't have to do that -- ZAISS should scan when I tell it to, and it should accept the system time as being correct.

Anyone else see this problem? Is it a glitch in the program, or a problem with my computer?

Thanks.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by RDCollins on 04-04-2008 04:56 PM

helsharmar Guest

Default Re: ZAISS Scanning at Wrong Time Since Daylight Savings

<blockquote><hr>RDCollins wrote:
    I have ZAISS 7.0.470 on a Windows XP Home computer. I have it configured to do a complete virus and spyware scan every evening at 10:00 p.m. That worked fine until we switched to daylight savings time. The computer clock was correctly updated when the time changed, and it shows the correct time.

However, since the time change, ZAISS now runs the scans at 11:00 p.m. every evening, even though the the option is still set at 10:00 p.m. for both scans.

This is a problem because the computer is configured to shut off at 1:00 a.m., and because of the size of my computer (6 hard drives and a couple of jump drives to scan), the scan is not completed by the time it shuts down.

Two obvious workarounds -- change the time of the shutdown, or change the scan time to 9:00 p.m.

However, I shouldn't have to do that -- ZAISS should scan when I tell it to, and it should accept the system time as being correct.

Anyone else see this problem? Is it a glitch in the program, or a problem with my computer?

Thanks.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by RDCollins on 04-04-2008 04:56 PM
    <hr></blockquote>
    I am having the same problem. Daily scan was set to run at 12:30 pm; since Daylight Savings Time began, it runs at 1:30 pm. It wasn't running automatically at all at first. I reset it to run automatically at 12:30 pm, several times, and it finally runs, but still an hour late.

Thread Information