Thread: ZoneAlarm Overview Reset To Default Resets Counters To Zero Until You Restart???

samurai Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Overview Reset To Default Resets Counters To Zero Until You Restart???

For whatever reason ZoneAlarm Overview Reset To Default resets protection counters back to zero until you restart and then it is back to where it was and you have to select the Reset To Default button again, that shouldnt happen as this selection should be permanent not temporary???Please dont suggest to reinstall ZA as that really isnt a fix all for everything; there must be a reason this is happening and a solution to the problem that will fix it.Thank you.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Overview Reset To Default Resets Counters To Zero Until You Restart???

Hi!
    have you tried to reset your settings?
    May be there is a problem there and your reset to default is not kept.

This way:

1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

samurai Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Overview Reset To Default Resets Counters To Zero Until You Restart???

Hi fax,I tried resetting ZA but the counters did not reset and I had to hit the reset to default again, so I just restored security settings which then you have reset some stuff to where you want it. You really shouldnt have to go through all that to reset the
    counters though
    as the reset to default on the overview screen should be a permanent reset.Thanks.

Hi!
    not sure I follow, reset via ZA icon only reset the ZA settings and not the counters.
    Was the counter reset been remembered after you have wiped out the ZA settings?

If there is a problem in ZA settings (e.g. corrupted), restoring them after the reset may bring back the original issue.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information