Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't play flash or realplayer

dobergirl Guest

Default Can't play flash or realplayer

Hi,IJust lately, w/ochanging anything, to my knowledge, I canno longer hearmusic played online in a flash player (this may bethe case for video too, haven't tried) and can't view realplayer videos. Could before. There must be some security setting enabled, can anyone help?Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Security Suite
    Software Version:5.5

billc Guest

Default Re: Can't play flash or realplayer

It is likely something in your Privacy settings. Go to your Privacy's Site List in ZASS and locate the site you wish to listen to or watch. Now right click on the entry, click 'options', then go through all 3 tabs to uncheck everything checked clicking 'apply' as you go through. Now clean your cache and try the site again.

dobergirl Guest

Thanks for your help, but alas that didn't solve the problem, I thought itwould - there were many boxes to uncheck like you said.I tried the same audio flash link on a pc w/o ZASS and it works fine so there's something still up to no good here. Any otherideas? Appreciate it.

billc Guest

It is my opinion that it is a Privacy setting problem. With some sites, you need to turn all of the 'main' Privacy off for them to work. Sometimes your Privacy database gets corrupt.....I'm not sure which is the case for you. Could you post a link so I can test the site?

In the meantime, try this. Find the site in question in your Privacy Site List, right click on it, then click to 'remove' it. Now click on the 'add' button on that Site List page and manually add the site back to your list. Now go to it on the list, right click on it, then go through all three tabs again to uncheck everything clicking 'apply as you go through. Make sure you've cleaned your cache and try it again. Any luck this time?

dobergirl Guest

Hi Bill, thanks.Well I did that (no success) but I think the problem might be in their link, which ZASS won't accept. Too many characters or something. Here it is.http://www.wiggly-worm.com/?p=music&...p;s=OrchestralZASS will only accept the main part of the address: http://www.wiggly-worm.comand I suppose that works ok, but no flash music on there.When I click the play button it does indicate it's loaded but nothing happens. Same on some video sites - but not all. And as I said, it all works fine on pcs w/o ZASS.I also have the problem on my pc of some images not showing up that I put in webpages that have external links associated with them. This and the other troubles are not good as I build webpages for people and need to see and hear content. I think ZASS is great in most ways but may be a bit too restrictive.Hope you can help.Thx

billc Guest

I tested your site and when I gave www.wiggly-worm.com full permission in my Privacy Site List I was able to hear the music. If you gave your wiggly-worm entry full permission and could not hear the music then I think your database has gotten corrupt. Although you will lose any customizations in ZASS, I think you should reset your database. Do this:

1. Shut down Zone Alarm by right clicking on the system tray icon and select 'shutdown'.
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4. Start Zone Alarm again.

Once you do that, manually add www.wiggly-worm.com back to your site list in Privacy, once there right click on it, then click on 'options' and once again uncheck everything clicking 'apply' as you go through. Now go to the site or refresh the site and see if that fixed it.

About not seeing links in web sites you build, try turning off your main Ad-Blocking while working on those sites. All the problems you mentioned deal with your Privacy settings.

dobergirl Guest

Hurray! That was the answer! Thanks Bill! Appreciate it muchoooooo!Take care

nboy Guest

yes. this worked for me also with the exact same problem.cheers Bill

brettcristofer Guest

Even afer shuuting down Zone Alarm, files still in use. Can't delete. What do you recommend. Thanks.

brettcristofer Guest

Even afer shuuting down Zone Alarm, files still in use. Can't delete. What do you recommend. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information