Thread: Slow initialising

monco Guest

Default Slow initialising

Since I set up a network on 1 computer, Zonealarm takes minutes to 'initialise', I assume leaving the computer unprotected until the icon finally appears in its normal place by the taskbar. Before, when I had a USB modem,Zonealarm icon appeared as soon as boot was complete. Would using a broadband router/modem now be the reason? If so, is there any change in configuration I could make so that Zonealarm opens quickly? Or does anyone have other suggestions?
    Thanks. Monco

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: Slow initialising

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Monco wrote:
    Since I set up a network on 1 computer, Zonealarm takes minutes to 'initialise', I assume leaving the computer unprotected until the icon finally appears in its normal place by the taskbar. Before, when I had a USB modem,Zonealarm icon appeared as soon as boot was complete. Would using a broadband router/modem now be the reason? If so, is there any change in configuration I could make so that Zonealarm opens quickly? Or does anyone have other suggestions?Thanks. Monco

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> to the Zone Alarm User Forum.. The ZA Icon in the System tray is not what is protecting your Computer.. vsmon.exe (TrueVector) is the First thing that Loads in the Background when your Computer First starts to Boot up, and is the Last thing to shut down when you shut down your computer..The ZA Tray Icon is just a GUI symble that gives you access to the ZoneAlarm control menu and other ZA Function.. the fact that it displays later on in the Boot up process has no effect your your computer safety..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.470.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.470.000
    Driver version:7.0.470.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:949439536
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200804.3755
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

monco Guest

Thank you GeorgeV for your re-assurance that ZA is working from start-up. What had me worried was a message from Windows popping up sometimes on startup kindly advising that my ZA firewall is not switched on, and suggesting I click on the message to fix. The pop-up disappears after a short while. Assume I do not need to worry about this.
    Thanks again for your prompt reply.RegardsMonco

Thank you GeorgeV for your re-assurance that ZA is working from start-up. What had me worried was a message from Windows popping up sometimes on startup kindly advising that my ZA firewall is not switched on, and suggesting I click on the message to fix. The pop-up disappears after a short while. Assume I do not need to worry about this.Thanks again for your prompt reply.RegardsMonco
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your Reply..Here is something to check on your ZAFree Setup..Doublr click on the ZA Tray Icon and look on the Lower Left side of Click on Alerts &amp; LogsThen Click the Main Tab.. the Top option Alerts shown.. Click "OFF"this should Stop that Information Piop-Up and Still Allow Serious Alert Pop-up to continue..
    GeorgeV

monco Guest

Thanks for your suggestion, GeorgeV, but
    Information Alerts is already 'OFF'. However, I believe the problem may be solved - for the record, my AVG free anti virus was starting to search for updates on startup, and I believe that this was interfering with ZA initialisation. I changed the auto search time for AVG to later in day, and now ZA seems OK.
    I do appreciate your help.
    Monco

Thanks for your suggestion, GeorgeV, but Information Alerts is already 'OFF'. However, I believe the problem may be solved - for the record, my AVG free anti virus was starting to search for updates on startup, and I believe that this was interfering with ZA initialization. I changed the auto search time for AVG to later in day, and now ZA seems OK.I do appreciate your help.Monco
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for that excellent Feedback to the Users of this Forum..
    GeorgeV

Thread Information