Thread: If I Don't Renew...

worenx Guest

Cool If I Don't Renew...

Hey, I'm new here, and I have a question involving whether or not I renew my subscription. I heard somewhere that I'll still be protected with the most recent version I updated to even if I don't renew. Am I right? Or do I HAVE to renew to continue being protected?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: If I Don't Renew...

You will have to renew your license in order to receive the anti-virus and anti-spyware signature updates.NNard

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Worenx wrote:
    Hey, I'm new here, and I have a question involving whether or not I renew my subscription. I heard somewhere that I'll still be protected with the most recent version I updated to even if I don't renew. Am I right? Or do I HAVE to renew to continue being protected?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

Here is what I found when I entered your question on the ZA instant Support web-page..

If you prefer not to renew your license, you may continue to use the last version that was available while your license key was still valid. Be sure toSave the correct version as later versions will not install with the expired key. Keep a copy of this file backed up in case you need to reinstall or restore. --------------------------AFAIK, within 07 to 30 days after your Key expires, the AV/AS and Update functionsmay stop funtioning, as these are part of the Paid survice, but the Firewall feature will continue to protect you..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.473.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.473.000
    Driver version:7.0.473.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:949658029
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200804.3785
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 04-27-2008 08:10 AM
    Last edited by GeorgeV; January 7th, 2013 at 05:21 PM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

knightowl Guest

It used to be that if you renewed early your current subscription was extended from the expiry date (which might be days or months in the future).Now the renewal webpage says that 'update and support renewal license keys are valid for 12 months from date of purchase'.So it seems that if you renew early you would lose days or months which were previously paid for.
    What happens if I just let my subscription expiry:
    -
    if I renew days or months later do I have to pay the full purchase (not renewal) price?
    - is there some grace period within which you can purchase a renewal rather than pay the full purchase price?
    - if you renew later
    would it be true
    that the subscription would start again from the renewal date (not the earlier expiry date)?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>knightowl wrote:
    It used to be that if you renewed early your current subscription was extended from the expiry date (which might be days or months in the future).Now the renewal webpage says that 'update and support renewal license keys are valid for 12 months from date of purchase'.So it seems that if you renew early you would lose days or months which were previously paid for.What happens if I just let my subscription expiry:-if I renew days or months later do I have to pay the full purchase (not renewal) price?- is there some grace period within which you can purchase a renewal rather than pay the full purchase price?- if you renew laterwould it be truethat the subscription would start again from the renewal date (not the earlier expiry date)?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Here is my two cents worth..I don't work for Checkpoint, but AFAIK: If you Renew too early, you may lose some unused days, I have heard that the last 30 days may be added to the New License..?However, if you Allow the License to Expire, I think you are given a 30 Day Grace period before Protection is Reduced, and If you Renew Late, then the Renewal Starts from the Day your Original Key Expired, so there is no Free ride, and you pay the same price no matter if you Renew early or late..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information