I have used ZASS for many years.
Now on version 7.0.470. Until last week, I had been on PROGRAM Control "Max.".
But with last weeks regularly scheduled scan a strange Zone Alarm Suspicious Behavior notification screen pops up.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\avsys\ScanningProcess .exe (ScanningProcess.exe) event=0 subevent=0 class=1 (system","","&quot
Also "SmartDefense Advisor is not available for this alert type". When I "Allow", the virus scan jumps to the next file to scan.

Also, the following Zone Alarm Security Alert pops up -- "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Zonelabs\avsys\ScanningP rocess.exe (ScanningProcess.exe) event=0 subevent=0 class-0 ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe&quot ;,"","&quot"
Virus Scan runs properly with PROGRAM Control set to "AUTO"...If I change it back to "Max.", then the above behavior begins anew.
I have done a clean reinstall of ZASS to no avail.
Another interesting situation I discovered.
The system boot time almost triples with the PROGRAM Control set to "Max." compared to the "Auto" setting.
The system boot time on this computer has always been about 1 min 12 seconds, but now (since last week) with "Max." setting it is almost 3 min 20 seconds.
BTW, Spyware scanning works fine.
My suspicion is that the relationship with "lsass.exe" and Zone Alarm is somehow involved.
I would sure appreciate a solution to this problem.
Thanks,
Gary

Operating System:
Windows XP Pro
Software Version:
Product Name:
ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by Scrabble on 05-19-2008 10:56 AM