Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SOLUTION: High I/O Read Byte levels

Default Re: High I/O Read Byte levels

one problem i see is that you are tryng to open a file that is over a gig when you only have a gig of memory
    most exe files try to load them self into the memory so if the exe is bigger than the memory you have your probably going to run into problems since the os system uses a signifigant portion of the memory in the first place depending on how much you have installed os itself normally takes 256 (for xp)then add the antivirus and any other programs (will normally take up at least half a gig by the end of the night) so if you want to run a file that is 1gig you should get some more memory to handle it (depends if your system can take it) now on zip files unless there is one file that is over a gig the file will open and will allow you to extract the internal files by itself with either the natural windows extractor or winzip or similar
    (i myself use izarc since its free)

system: win xp pro sp3
    zonealarm version: 8.0.052.000 (zonealarm security suite beta)
    Forcefield version: 1.2.97.0 (beta)
    processor amd turion 64 mobile (2.01 ghz max)
    memory: 1.18 gb
    thanks robdog
    (c)robdog 2010 (picture & SN)
    (please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having

powerhouse Guest

Default Re: High I/O Read Byte levels

That was my old machine. The problem still persists on my new machine which should be more than capable of handling large files. Further, on my old machine, the problem only appeared several months after a clean install and during those months I could use large files with no problem.

powerhouse Guest

Default Re: SOLUTION: High I/O Read Byte levels

Thank you, I'll submit it now. Basically, the problem has been a part of the program since version 6.5 I believe, at least that's the earliest I remember having it. It has something to do with the Smart Defense Advisor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information