Thread: Having a few issues with ZASS

buglite Guest

Default Having a few issues with ZASS

I'm running ZAISS 7.1.254.000 and ForceField 1.1.79.0. I have noticed in my program control panel that there are several programs listed that I have uninstalled. Also, there are 2 ForceField listings. One for the original I installed and one for todays update. Does ZA not automatically update this list? Do I have to manually remove these from the program control section? Also, although I don't mind it, every time I restart my computer, ZA starts with the internet locked although I don't have this enabled. Has my database been corrupted?

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Having a few issues with ZASS

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Buglite wrote:
    Has my database been corrupted?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, most probably yes.Better to reset it. Like this:1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after rebootZA program list does not clean itself from old entries.You can clean it yourself or just ignore it. It has no effect on ZA functionality. or performance.Hope this helps.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

buglite Guest

I've only had it installed a short time and I was wondering how the database can get corrupted so quickly? Perhaps there's something I can do to prevent it from happening again. Also, as I understand it, when I reset ZA, all the program controls I have set are done away with. When I reboot, won't this allow these programs to send and receive or will the firewall stop this?

Hi!database can get corrupted usually for the following reasons:1. Crash or hang of the PC2. Cold shutdown (improper or forced shutdown)3. Malware infections4. Conflicting software (usually other overlapping security tools; registry tools, antispyware tools, HIPS, antivirus, etc)Once reset, the ZA will act like it was first installed. No programs will be blocked (unless malicious) and ZA will start learning all your programs (program control in autolearn).Please be aware that ZASS may conflict with spyware doctor, spysweeper, PC tools threatfire,SpyBotS&amp;D, Ad-aware, Trojan Hunter, etc... If youwant to troubleshootissues with ZASS better to removeany other security tool and only install them back (if you really need to) if you see that ZASS works as it should.If the reset will not solve the problem then some of the ZA filesmay beendamaged. A clean install should resolve the issue. See here:www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542/Prod_1/Articles55646/clean_install.htmlHope this helps.Cheers,Fax

buglite Guest

I'm having serious issues now. My Antivirus is erroring out on scanning downloads. I really don't wish to take down the firewall considering I'm being hammered repeatedly. Are there any alternatives? I mean other than not ever downloading anything again and unhooking the cable from my computer.

Hi!not sure I can follow. Did you reset the settings as suggested?Cheers,Fax

Thread Information