Thread: Cannot access ISP newsgroups ---> 800ccc0e

yupolyhk Guest

Default Cannot access ISP newsgroups ---> 800ccc0e

Hi!

I use Outlook Express 6.0 as news reader. However, I cannot access my ISP newsgroups because it indicates an error code:800ccc0e. I asked my ISP technical guy. They told me that my anti-virus software affects it. And they suggest me to shut down email-protection. If it still not work, try to shut down firewall!!! Now, I am using ZoneAlarm Security Suite only. Please advise whether there are some settings in this software to fix the problem.

Thanks
    James

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Cannot access ISP newsgroups ---> 800ccc0e

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>yupolyhk wrote:
    Hi!

I use Outlook Express 6.0 as news reader. However, I cannot access my ISP newsgroups because it indicates an error code:800ccc0e. I asked my ISP technical guy. They told me that my anti-virus software affects it. And they suggest me to shut down email-protection. If it still not work, try to shut down firewall!!! Now, I am using ZoneAlarm Security Suite only. Please advise whether there are some settings in this software to fix the problem.

Thanks
    James

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome to the ZoneAlarm User Forum..
    I don't know what the "error code:800ccc0e" is,as a ZA Security Suite user you can contact Za Tech Support directly for Free at www.zonealarm.com/tsform (preferably with EI6 or IE7)Please give then all your Details of your problem with ZASS and Outlook Express and list ant Error codes and any other Security Programs you have installed..When you Click on the "Submit" Button you will receive an Auto-generated Confirmation Email with your Case Number usually in 15 minutes and a Reply from Tech Support ASAP..I usually use MS Outlook 2007, with ZoneAlarm Security suite with no problems, but do not have Access to News Groups in Outlook 2007,So I fired up Outlook Express and configured it for EMail and entered my ISP's Newgroup Server address and downloaded the List of News Groups and subscribed to 6 Newsgroups and Updated the Messagebase with no problem.. with ZoneAlarm Security Suite..One thing to Check, is on ZA Program Control/Program tab.. Make sure the "Outlook Express has all Green check Marks including Send Mail, and I also gave it three green Bars for super Trusted..Newsgroups from TimeWarner worked OK with no Error code..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.473.000

TrueVector version:7.0.473.000
    Driver version:7.0.473.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:953178370
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200805.4105
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security