Thread: Something screwed up PLEASE HELP ASAP

clhanssen Guest

Default Something screwed up PLEASE HELP ASAP

Before I did a Windows update and rebooted my computer I was doing what I am doing now (after I shut down Zone Alarm) surfing the internet and posting stuff to the forums.

I didn't know that I was supposed to shut down Zone Alarm before I do a Windows Update according to a guy named John a tech from Cablespeed, my ISP. I did an Windows update and I left Zone Alarm on and after I rebooted my computer so the updates to take affect did something to Zone Alarm.

I have 3 things that connect directly to the web:

Weatherbug
    Winbar
    Spamnet

So how do I after I turn on my system or reboot make Zone Alarm work with the new updates I did? I am at a risk just being on the net without my Firewall up. Please help me ASAP? Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: Something screwed up PLEASE HELP ASAP

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>CLHanssen wrote:
    Before I did a Windows update and rebooted my computer I was doing what I am doing now (after I shut down Zone Alarm) surfing the internet and posting stuff to the forums.

I didn't know that I was supposed to shut down Zone Alarm before I do a Windows Update according to a guy named John a tech from Cablespeed, my ISP. I did an Windows update and I left Zone Alarm on and after I rebooted my computer so the updates to take affect did something to Zone Alarm.

I have 3 things that connect directly to the web:

Weatherbug
    Winbar
    Spamnet

So how do I after I turn on my system or reboot make Zone Alarm work with the new updates I did? I am at a risk just being on the net without my Firewall up. Please help me ASAP? Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Please read the following Form link from the Forum Moderator..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=52785
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

clhanssen Guest

So where can I get Zone Alarm for the free at home use?

Download ZAFree from this address..http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.html
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

clhanssen Guest

Well I clicked on that oval &quot;download&quot; thing and I got this:
    Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
    <div class="divider">
    Most likely causes:<ul>[*]You are not connected to the Internet.[*]The website is encountering problems.[*]There might be a typing error in the address.[/list]
    What you can try:
    [img]res://ieframe.dll/bullet.png[/img] Diagnose Connection Problems
    [img]res://ieframe.dll/down.png[/img]<a target="_blank">More information</a><div class="infoBlock">

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:<ul>[*]Internet connectivity has been lost.[*]The website is temporarily unavailable.[*]The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.[*]The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.[*]If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.[/list]

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
    To view subscribed feeds
    1. Click the Favorites Center button [img]res://ieframe.dll/favcenter.png[/img], click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)
    1. Click Tools [img]res://ieframe.dll/tools.png[/img], and then click Work Offline.
    2. Click the Favorites Center button [img]res://ieframe.dll/favcenter.png[/img], click History, and then click the page you want to view.

Thread Information