Thread: Internet Pages Suddenly Won't Load

buddybuddy Guest

Default Internet Pages Suddenly Won't Load

I have been using Zone Alarm free for some time and have had no problems. All of a sudden my Firefox browser won't load pages, nor will Internet Explorer, nor will my IM software work. When I switch off Zone Alarm everything works well. My ISP suggests to uninstall then reinstall ZA. I did that but it made no difference. With the new installation there is a very short list of programmes and the ones I need, particularly Firefox, have the necessary permissions to work. Why does my ZA no longer work? I can think of no changes to my set-up which may have caused this.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

buddybuddy Guest

Default Re: Internet Pages Suddenly Won't Load

Having read another post, I see that the issue is with Microsoft security update KB951748 which I installed yesterday. I have removed that update and all is now as it was before. That's a thumbs up for Zone Alarm and a thumbs down for Microsoft. How will I know when the issue has been fixed and I can install that update once more?

txgiaz Guest

I have the same problem, just talked to my internet provider and they said that it has to do with the latest windows xp update and ZA. I uninstalled the update and it works again. Update KB951748. I sent a message to ZA, but haven't heard anything back yet.

cdtplug Guest

i can't actually uninstall the microsoft update. doesn't give me the option. will try in safe mode

buddybuddy Guest

Remove it via Set Program Access and Defaults, ensuring you have the box "Show All Updates" checked.

energo Guest

Right after I updated my Microsoft software, Zone Alarm kept blocking me from going on any website. So I did a system restore to yesterday(July8)

dieriding Guest

Default What absolute garbage.

I'm hoping enough people will be affected by this to warrant a pretty speedy update from zonealarm.

Any official word of any kind from them that anyone has noticed?

Thread Information