Thread: ZA SECURITY SUITE Scans are they any good?

tessa_b Guest

Default ZA SECURITY SUITE Scans are they any good?

I have the above package and run a scan weekly, but because of a slowed computer, I now do it on a daily basis, doing as advised at the end, Pop ups are normally blocked.
    After reading through other blogs I went to another site (regcure) and ran a scan 1185 errors found but $29.00 required to clean them up. Isn't THAT WHAT I PAY ZA FOR.
    Has anyone any ideas how to get my computer back into top condition and then keep trouble away, recent scans have shown Trojans and worms on a regular basis around 20 infections each use.
    I have added forcefield 2 days ago, cleaned ,defragmented, system restored
    Any help would be appreciated

Thanks Tessa

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ZA SECURITY SUITE Scans are they any good?

Hi!there are plenty of rouge security tools (fake) that will just show inexistent infections to push you to buy them...Moreover, the software you mention is a registry cleaner not an malware cleaner.This is has nothing to do with ZA.To clean your registry you do not need a special software there are plenty of FREE utilities that do the job.For example ccleaner.com Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

tessa_b Guest

Thanks Fax

I will try that site, its a good job you know whats what, some of us just try and hope.

Best wishes
    Tessa

Eheh, I perfectly undertand...Have a nice day or evening! Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

riceorony Guest

If your scans are pulling up a ton of trojans and worms, you might have a more serious underlying infection that requires supplemental cleaning.
    Turn off system restore and reboot into Safemode WITH NETWORKING.
    Make sure your computer is disconnected from the internet and then load ZA-ISS while in safe mode.
    Perform a full scan and go off and watch tv while it does it's work.
    Reboot into normal mode:1.) Run the free online scan by visiting www.b i tdefender.com (connect all of the letters together).2.) Download the FREE HOME version of Superantispyware (www.superantispyware.com), update the definitions, and make sure to go to preferences to turn off the autoload feature and turn off active protection as ZA-ISS has active protection for virus and spyware.3.) Download the FREE version of A-squared by Emsisoft (www.emsisoft.com), this software is purely a signature based malware detection.
    So eventhough it's really good, you will defintely get false positives.4.) If you want you could also perform an online scan by Trendmicro.com (www.trendmicro.com) under free online services.
    The 1st online scan is a secondary check-up with another great antivirus company, and the following 2 are ment for on-demand antispyware cleaning.
    More serious cleaning would require you posting HiJack This! logs to www.bleepingcomputer.com, www.geekstogo.com, www.castlecops.com, etc.
    Forcefield rocks hardcore!
    Or if you want to take my philosophy on computers.
    REFORMAT! mwahaha!

Message Edited by riceorony on 07-10-2008 05:42 PM

Thread Information