Thread: 1-How to see which program is accessing the net (real time) 2-Keep a log of net access?

mel_three Guest

Default 1-How to see which program is accessing the net (real time) 2-Keep a log of net access?

I see the ZA icon at the bottom right of my XP Pro machine will get active when net activity is going on.
    After using ZA for awhile I end up granting 'always ok' status to some programs... such as Internet Explorer, MS Outlook, etc.
    BUT... every now and then I see that icon signaling activity is going on and I wonder... who is getting on the net now... which program...
    So... my questions...
    1 - Is there anyway to see which specefic programs are accessing the net when I see the ZA icon indicating net activity? I mean in real time...
    (I've tried right clicking... but if anything is there to do this I'm missing it...)... the ability to see which program is going on line... and to which ip address... would be handy for me.
    2 - Is there anyway to have ZA create a log of all activity..l listing which program accessed the net... at what time... and to which ip address.
    Thanks for any help.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: 1-How to see which program is accessing the net (real time) 2-Keep a log of net access?

Yes, if you open up ZA Program Control &gt; you can see a &quot;green dot&quot; appear 'in-real time' whenever a program either is active or accessing the net. See illustration below...<hr>

<hr>And at the very lower left bottom - in the thick black line &gt; you will see the 'name of program/ file' accessing the net in-real-time, too.<hr>If you look to the left tabs of ZA you will see 'Alerts &amp; Logs' = Is the way to have ZA create a log of all activity..a listing which program accessed the net... at what time... and to which ip address. Adjust to your taste.<hr>Right click the ZA tray icon &gt; see &quot;Help&quot; = this is your User Guide = will explain all the settings and customizations available. Please take a read thru, yes.<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 7-11-08 - Say You'll Be There - Spice Girls

Thread Information