Thread: ZASS Causing Blue Screen

ddrx Guest

Default ZASS Causing Blue Screen

I stopped using ZoneAlarm Security Suite about 6 months ago because it was causing my computer to freeze every 3 days. I suspect some kind of memory leak because program windows would stop rendering. The title bar and buttons would disappear. I would restart and everything would be fine for about three days. I tried new memory and that did not fix the problem. I uninstalled ZoneAlarm and the problem went away. I was using the free versions of **bleep** and Avira AntiVir during the previous 6 months with no issues, but I missed the ease of use and configuration all in one spot that ZoneAlarm offered. It runs great on my other desktop, laptop, and media center pc. So, I decided to renew my subscription and give it another chance.
    About a day after installing I started to get a blue screen of death indicating that
    "page fault detected in non paging area". I tried starting in safe mode, and the computer would not get past the dialog telling me that I was in safe mode. I changed memory, same problem. I ran a check disk, no errors found, same problem. I uninstalled ZASS again and the BSOD is gone. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Any recommendations on what to try next. I just renewed my subscription so I am committed to make it work. Thanks
    This may be stupid, but the computer that has the BSOD issuse is a multi monitor (3)
    setup. All other computers where it works great are single monitor setups.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

ddrx Guest

Default Re: ZASS Causing Blue Screen

Update: I tried installing ZASS again and still get the BSOD, but with Bad Pool Caller message.

Thread Information