Thread: Zone Alarm stopped working

patrickc Guest

Default Zone Alarm stopped working

The Zone Alarm program would not run after restarting my computer following a power outage.
    The Zone Alarm icon disappeared from the toolbar.
    I can't get the program to run from "start>all programs>Zone Labs>Zone Lab Security Suite.
    I get the following error message: C:\Windows\System32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe validation failed for C:\Windows\System32\VSINIT.DLL. You probably are missing a necessary root certificate."

I attempted to uninstall to perform a clean
    reinstall,
    but received another "You probably are missing a necessary root certificate."
    error message.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Patrick

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm stopped working

Click here >
    http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...on_failed.html
    - notice step #2<hr>Additional install tips &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73645
    - pay attention to tips and guidelines.<hr>You say &quot;The Zone Alarm icon disappeared from the toolbar.&quot; = usually the toolbar is on top and the 'tray bar' is on the bottom with the ZA icon and other icons.<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 7-16-08 - I Don't Want To Stop - Ozzy Osbourne

patrickc Guest

Thanks.
    You're absolutely correct - tray... not toolbar.
    In the certificates validation fix, is there any reason not to proceed directly to Step #4?
    (STEP 4: RUN BACKUP ROOT CERTIFICATE REPAIR UTILITY Open your browser and navigate to the following URL. You will need to download the file and SAVE it to your desktop. Once downloaded double click on the program on your desktop to repair your root certificates.)
    Thanks.
    Patrick

patrickc Guest

The update is that all is working well after a simple correction.
    I am going to post this in case others run into the same problem.
    I discovered that after the power outage, the system calendar date was reset to 5/21/2003.
    This date change must have prevented initialization of the zone alarm start-up.
    Simply resetting the system clock/calendar and rebooting allowed initialization and startup of the Zone Alarm program.
    Everything has been working well since.
    patrickC

Thread Information