Thread: rqRLedab.dll

hayseed Guest

Default rqRLedab.dll

Not sure if there is a better forum for this question, but I hope no one objects to this question here...
    I have not "knowingly" installed any new programs recently.
    Yesterday, when I start up my PC, I am getting the error message [in windows] that the file rqRLedab.DLL can not be found to be loaded.
    I have no idea what program is calling for this and/or why it's not available.
    I've Googled it and get only one website in response.
    However, it is in Russian(?). I've not actually gone to the website because I'm concerned about what I might find there.....
    Does anyone know about this? and/or have suggestions?
    Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: rqRLedab.dll

Do a search in the Windows folder for this file.
    Once found, right click it and open the properties.
    In the properties look at the time/date of install, the vendor and program versions and even look at the certificates to see who and what this file is from and for.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

hayseed Guest

Oldsod,
    My apologies... I thought I had stated the following...
    I did a search [with hidden files and folders displayed] for the file and did not find it.

Which makes sense when I reread the error message which says it can't be found...
    I suspect that it was created during an install of ? and then deleted by ZA, Adware, or Spybot.

Since I can't find it, I can't do the right click... I expect that there is a start_up reference to it some where. I just can't figure out where.
    I searched my registery [using REGEDIT] and checked my start up folder under programs.
    I'm open to suggestions... PLEASE ! and Thank You.

<blockquote><hr>HAYSEED wrote:
    Oldsod,
    My apologies... I thought I had stated the following...
    I did a search [with hidden files and folders displayed] for the file and did not find it.

Which makes sense when I reread the error message which says it can't be found...
    I suspect that it was created during an install of ? and then deleted by ZA, Adware, or Spybot.

Since I can't find it, I can't do the right click... I expect that there is a start_up reference to it some where. I just can't figure out where.
    I searched my registery [using REGEDIT] and checked my start up folder under programs.
    I'm open to suggestions... PLEASE ! and Thank You.
    <hr></blockquote>
    Yes it very well could have been a temporary file for some program installation (somwhere in the temp folders) or perhaps some spyware detected/removed by the Ad-Aware and SpyBot.
    Run the windows disk clean utility or a third party cleaner such as ccleaner first before trying to remove the item from the ZA program listings.

OOPS SORRY!! I APOLOGIZE!
    I just redid a google search using instead of "rqRLedab.dll", I used just "rqRLedab"
    I got this:

http://translate.google.com/translat...G%26ie%3DUTF-8

or just

http://www.trojaner-board.de/52355-i...-sekunden.html

this is a very well known and respected web site in Germany for troyans and malware advice and expert help.
    This rqRLedab.dll file is mentioned and so are a few others.
    Perhaps the best advice is log into a HJT forum at either here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html

or here:

http://www.castlecops.com/f67-Trend_...This_Logs.html

and follow their suggested posted advice and then post the HJT logs and see what they have to add or suggest.
    Let the experts make the approvals of your computer is clean or needs help.
    If it is infected, they will provide guidance to clean the computer.
    This is all free - no charge for their services.
    Glad I caught my mistake in time.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information