Thread: Anti Virus 2009

rayk Guest

Default Anti Virus 2009

I have somehow got Anti Virus 2009 on my computer, and I am unable to get it off.
    I have Zone Alarm Security Suite.
    I am not able to remove Anti Virus 2009 like I would normally remove software.
    I have done a seach on my computer and I am not able to find Anti Virus 2009.
    Please help me get rid of this thing.
    It is blocking some of my web site - I had a hard time getting on the Zone Alarm web site. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I googled AntiVirus 2009, and the suggestion was to install some spy software, but don't I have that with Zone Alarm.Thank you

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: To Remove 'Anti-Virus 2009' malware

Click here > http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malw...antivirus-2009 - the key feature is the use of "Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware" software - which you can download for 'free'/ or pay as you will. ( oddly do not click the first "Ads by Google"
    grey box with blue lines and the other &quot;ads&quot; on the top of the page; read further down for the real removal instructions and links ).<hr>As was mentioned: don't try the googled &quot; buy this anti-spy/ or try this scanner
    to remove&quot; - from unknown company / * visit one of the spyware removal forums listed / use Hijack this / they will offer line-by-line instructions / will probably need to disable 'system restore' at some point.<hr>Click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...d=29404#M29404
    . After looking at this post, you will see it has been discussed in another board posting with some other users in the same predicament.<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 7-27-08 - Jam On It - Newcleus

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 10-09-2008 08:47 PM

plangfitt Guest

Default Re: Anti Virus 2009

I accidently download Antivirus 2009 too.
    What a pain, but I'm not having the pop-ups anymore. I'm not sure if it's gone..the icons in the tray are gone.
    Somehow av2009 popped up by the &quot;start&quot; and so I did a search in the files for av2009 and it came up with av2009.exe so I deleted it. The icons went away, but I did buy the ZoneAlarm and run the scan. It didn't come up with this malware, but I wish I could feel positive it's gone. I know enough about computers to be dangerous or more stupid.

findley Guest

Default Re: Anti Virus 2009

plangfitt,

Have a look at these Antivirus 2009 uninstall instructions: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malw...antivirus-2009

Regards,
    Findley

Thread Information