Thread: repeated request for renewal

wixy Guest

Default repeated request for renewal

my ZASS asked me to renew my subscription i did so and preformed a clean install and entered my new product key when it restarted my computer it asked me to renew it again. every time i start my computer it asks me to renew my subscription i have uninstaled, reinstalled and
    searched the forums and can't find a solution anywhere any one got any ideas? i'm out of them.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: repeated request for renewal

It was not neccessary to do the clean uninstall for the renewal.
    But when doing the clean uninstall for the renewal of the license, do not use the " /clean" uninstall switch. Instead use the " /clean/rmlicense" switch as this switch will remove the license file that is secretly hidden (check the very end of the system32 folder for this file).

Best advice is repeat the uninstall using the " /clean/rmlicense" switch and then re-install and this time your new license will "take" and be accepted.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

wixy Guest

thanks for the advice Oldsod but
    i have just
    discovered in the Overview tab of ZASS sub tab product info is a section called "Licensing Infomation" which has your liscence number and a button "Change Lic"
    I
    entered my new licence key in there and it did the trick. but thanks again for taking the time and effort
    to repond.
    Cheers Wixy

Message Edited by Wixy on 07-26-2008 11:28 AM

You are welcome.
    Usually entering the license through the ZA GUI is the first step not the second step.
    Best regards.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information