Thread: ZoneAlarm Internet Security 7.0.483.000 Log Order

stupefy Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Internet Security 7.0.483.000 Log Order

Greetings,
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security 7.0.483.000Windows XP Home SP2
    Two questions:
    (1) Does anybody know
    the cause of the Logs going out of order in the ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite v7.0.483.000?I am tired of re-setting the program to set the logs in order.....
    (2) Has this issue been resolved in the new version 8.0.015.000?
    -stupefy

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Internet Security 7.0.483.000 Log Order

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>stupefy wrote:
    Greetings,ZoneAlarm Internet Security 7.0.483.000Windows XP Home SP2Two questions1) Does anybody knowthe cause of the Logs going out of order in the ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite v7.0.483.000?I am tired of re-setting the program to set the logs in order.....(2) Has this issue been resolved in the new version 8.0.015.000?-stupefy
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    to the Zone Alarm User Forum..It sounds like your ZA Database may be corrupted

ZA has incorparated a new way to Reset DataBase files so users don't need to go into Safe mode.

To repair this problem, please follow the steps below. Please note that
    this will remove your program permission settings (so you may want to make
    note of them), but re-establishing them is a simple process.

1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together then

2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock in the system tray lower right corner
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot

--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite 32-Bit version:7.0.483.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.483.000
    Driver version:7.0.483.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:957638772
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200808.4475 &lt;== New Update
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

stupefy Guest

@GeorgeV,
    I have performed this procedure countless times as noted in question (1)The question remains, what causes the Database Logs to go out of order andhas this issue been resolved in the new version 8.0.015.000?
    -stupefy

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>stupefy wrote:
    @GeorgeV,I have performed this procedure countless times as noted in question (1)The question remains, what causes the Database Logs to go out of order andhas this issue been resolved in the new version 8.0.015.000?-stupefy
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your Feedback..I'm sorry I don't have that information of Version 8.0.015.000 We are all Users No ZA Employees here in this User Forum,There are Over 60 Million Users of ZoneAlarm world Wide.. and Very Few People ever log onto a Support Forum to say how Great the Program is, This User Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction by Other more Experienced Users..
    ZA Tech Support and Custmer Service do notRead this Forum..There two Seperate Web-links for those two services..Customer Service www.zonealarm.com/csform or Click on the Customer Service Icon at the Bottom of this Message..ZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key) www.zonealarm.com/tsform
    Perhaps one of the Two services above can answer your question..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite 32-Bit version:7.0.483.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.483.000
    Driver version:7.0.483.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:957638772
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200808.4475 &lt;== New Update
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Hi!
    I don't see any problem in the logs order in version 8.0.015.000.
    Are you resetting the ZA database and then restoring a previous backup?

There may be a problem in your backup.

Cheers,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

stupefy Guest

@fax,

I installed ZoneAlarm Internet Security v8.0.015.000 by performing an Upgrade Install from
    v7.0.483.000 and the Log/s have not been out of order since the Upgrade.

ZoneAlarm Internet Security v7.0.483.000 was installed on three computers and only one of the
    installations had the problem of the ZoneAlarm Log/s going out of order.....the other two computers
    still have ZoneAlarm Internet Security v7.0.483.000 installed and the Log/s never go out of order,
    these two computers do not have as much Local or Internet activity as the one having the Log problem.

When the Log/s went out of order the sort order was erratic in such a way that the Date/Time was
    scattered throughout the list.....no particular order.....random order of Date/Time.....
    Also, sometimes, not all of the Logs would be out of order, there would be times when only one Log
    would be out of order, and other times when only two or three of the Logs would be out of order,
    and still other times when all of the Logs would be out of order.

This disrupted order of the Log/s would remain this way for a period of time and then magically heal
    its self in one of several ways.....one way was, the Log/s would just suddenly be in order again for
    a period of time, then go back out of order again.....another way was, sometimes after an reboot or
    an boot into Safe Mode would place the Log/s back in order for a period of time then go back out of
    order again.....yet another way was, performing an Reset of the Database and starting from scratch.
    Resetting of the Database would heal the broken order of the Log/s for a period of time then the Log/s
    would go back out of order again.....this was an ongoing cycle for this one very active computer.....

The Date/Time on all three computers is very accurate and the Date/Time is updated automatically
    every Hour using the Windows built in Clock and not third party Software.....having the Date/Time
    set accurately on an Computer and/or Network solves a lot of problems especially Fragmentation.

ZoneAlarm Internet Security v8.0.015.000 installed smoothly and flawlessly as an Upgrade from the
    previous version 7.0.483.000.....the interface is clean and easy to use, I miss the Dashboard in the
    upper right hand corner though.....I also noticed an slight increase in the overall speed of the
    computer and the opening and closing of Programs.....the hardening of the security for the ZoneAlarm
    Directory under Program Files is causing quite a few popups from ZoneAlarm informing me that
    Windows Explorer and/or other Programs and Processes was prevented from reading or accessing the
    ZoneAlarm Directory.....I receive these Alerts because I have the Advanced Alerts and Logs Settings
    Operating System Firewall (OSFirewall) set to Alert and Log blocked traffic.....at this point in time
    I don't know whether this is good or bad because valid Utilities need to do their work, such as an
    Defragmenter or Virus/Spyware/Malware Scanner.....Also missing is the Instant Messaging Security
    (IM Security) Module, whether this Module was removed or not installed because I have no Instant
    Messaging Program installed is unknown to me.....
    So far the Logs are in order.....lets see what happens.....

-stupefy

Thank you for your report...Sometimes is better to have a clean install (not upgrade) of ZA in case of major updates such as moving from 7 to 8. But glad to hear it works...Cheers,Fax

stupefy Guest

@Fax,

Turns out the aftermath to the Upgrade Install of ZoneAlarm Internet Security v8.0.015.000 from v7.0.483.000
    retained undesirable affects.....uninstalled and performed an Clean Install.....

The only problem that still remains is the issue involving the Private Header Information.....
    I started a new thread here:

http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...ssage.id=52047

-stupefy

Hi!
    ZA privacy control have been re-designed and tuned to work with many web site that V.7 blocked (e.g. Microsoft Silverlight) This is probably the reason why ZA 8 control and blocking is different from ZA 7 control and blocking.

If MS update do not want private headers blocked than you should not block them.
    MS update is a trusted site... if you have issue with MS update better you move to an OS that you can trust.

Cheers,
    Fax

Thread Information