Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: zone alarm ss 8.0.xxx xp sp3 - windows will not shutdown

youngjm Guest

Default zone alarm ss 8.0.xxx xp sp3 - windows will not shutdown

Have Dell laptop running xp sp3. I performed a clean install of ZASS 8.0 and all went well until I try to shut down. The system hangs. If I uninstall ZASS or even shutdown ZASS, my PC will shut down right away?

Any thoughts

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: zone alarm ss 8.0.xxx xp sp3 - windows will not shutdown

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>youngjm wrote:
    Have Dell laptop running xp sp3. I performed a clean install of ZASS 8.0 and all went well until I try to shut down. The system hangs. If I uninstall ZASS or even shutdown ZASS, my PC will shut down right away?

Any thoughts

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> to the Zone Alarm User Forum..It sounds like you had a Corrupted Install of ZASS..Try this method..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=77735
    --------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.015.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.015.000
    Driver version:8.0.015.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:958178691
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200808.4495
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

youngjm Guest

Thanks for the reply, by clean install, that is what I did. I am now looking for the next idea. I have also reset my settings as I get the &quot;hang&quot; even when I just log off.

Any thoughts?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>youngjm wrote:
    Thanks for the reply, by clean install, that is what I did. I am now looking for the next idea. I have also reset my settings as I get the "hang" even when I just log off.

Any thoughts?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>How about this..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=154--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:958178691
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200808.4495
    GeorgeV

youngjm Guest

NEXT!

[Rant on]

Well, I updated my second computer to isolate that the issue was/was not my setup. Guess what. That machine now also does not log off and/or shut down. Conclusion. ZASS 8.0 not ready for prime time.

I am downgrading back to the most recent 7.0 unless there is something else that can be done. Installing ZASS should not be this hard and require all this work. Not worth it. What a shame. Unless there are other ideas, I may end up looking elsewhere when my licenses expire. I am technically adept and find this process infuriating. Come on Check Point, let's get it together! I am in a position to recommend software like this and Checkpoint is very quickly moving off my list of quality companies. I went through this same process upgrading to 7.0. I have also reformatted and reinstalled my OS earlier this year on my other computer and it too does this. Again, problem has to be ZASS 8.0.

I think I can perform a clean install in my sleep and there in lies the problem. I should not have too.

[Rant off]

Any other thoughts?

shocker Guest

I had the same problem with my dell laptop (inspiron 1705).
    Installed till
    prompted for reboot (at which time it rebooted ok) Then when I intalled my key and it finished setup, I rebooted and it
    hung up permanently on shutdown.
    It continues
    to do this every time. Interestingly, if you
    shut down the program (exit out), it reboots fine. Disabling program control, firewall, and antivirus/antispyware does NOT solve the problem.I thought maybe it was sp3 or a software conflict so I decided to uninstall other software without avail. I then reinstalled OS
    with a fresh windows xp sp2
    installation. Still the same problem. Driver conflict?
    I'm not sure what is up. No prior issues with version 7. How many others have this issue?

huldin_the_goth Guest

I am also having problems switching off or restarting my computer since installing the ZASS 8.0.015.000 software.

I have found so far that if ZASS is exited before attempting to switch off or restarting the computer the problem vanishes. The only problem is then when restarting the computer that I get a warning that the anti-virus software is not running but this clears once the system is fully up and working.

What Version of ZoneAlarm for WinXP are you having a Problem with? ZAFree, Security Suite, ZA AV?
    Please Right Click on the ZA Tray icon on the Lower Right and Click the "About" Option this will pop up a windows with all the Info about your Version Of ZA including the complete Version Number.. Click the "Copy to Clipboard" and Paste that information Here in the Forum by pressing the "CTRL-V" key..It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    If you would Describe your Computer Setup/OS and Version of Zone Alarm that you are having a problem with
    and what difficulty you are having, and what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs that you have installed,
    there are several very knowledgeable Volunteer Participants willing to help you try solving your problem with Zone Alarm..Please provide as much detail and error messages etc. that you see on your ComputerMonitor. --------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:958233226
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200808.4505
    GeorgeV

shocker Guest

Sorry, forgot to
    mention the version. Security Suite 8.0.015.

youngjm Guest

<blockquote><hr>shocker wrote:
    Sorry, forgot to
    mention the version. Security Suite 8.0.015.
    <hr></blockquote>

Same for me. 8.0.015. Have previously installed ZAPro 6.x, ZASS 6.x and 7.x. I upgraded from the most recent version of ZASS 7.x. At some point in my past I have run but removed **bleep**, and prior to ZAPRO, I ran trend micros internet suite. All prior to succesfully using ZASS 6.x and ZASS 7.x. I am running xp pro sp 3 on both machines and they are fully patched for the OS as well as Microsoft office 2007. I will post more details at home when I will cut and past from the info pain.

My history should not be that uncommon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information