Thread: Just a Rant... I guess.... And many Thanks!!!

raideron Guest

Default Just a Rant... I guess.... And many Thanks!!!

Hi all,
    Well I recieved an answer to my ZA support questions... As it's known, ZA knows ofthe ZASS 8/FF problems and are working on fixes same on the shutdown delay...
    As for the IM coverage, well I did not like their answer.
    I really wanted to
    run ZASS on this Vista computer, and I knew in time that ZA wouldadd the missing features that is on the XP version to the Vista version that's thereason for me upgrading to the 3user licence...
    But I did not like the fact that to getmore of the XP coverage for the Vista version
    that you had to pay
    another price
    toadd ForceField, (Thanks for update Tuesday)
    Well that along with the path that ZA has taken by removing from XP instead ofadding to Vista

has me leaning to going back completely to the Security programthat is on my Vista computer when my subscription ends on the XP.. Hey, if theVista version is any hint, They have gotten a whole
    lot better and so far troublefree and fast and the news is more to come in the near future.... Anyhow....
    It's been a
    wild ride .... Thanks to all the gurus and people that have helped mehere on this great fourm and I hope that I did the same in my small way!!
    Be Safe and
    Good people, And ALWAYS make it a Great Day!!!!
    Ron

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Just a Rant... I guess.... And many Thanks!!!

Hi!
    IM security was based an outdated technology which is anyway now included in most IM programs.
    So why still having a tool that is outdated, subject to continuous changes and adaptation due to new IM releases and creating a lot of connection issues to users?

If you want to secure your IM, just ensure all attachments are scanned by ZA (using multiscan.exe in ZA program file)
    If you want to have encrypted communication. Use an IM that support encryption of messages without any patches (e.g. SKYPE)

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

raideron Guest

Thanks Fax,
    I hear what your saying, but..... the "other guys" still has it, no added input from me,works on both versions the same way and pretty much has full coverage. etc. etc.But the biggest, no problems to date. The present XP/ZA seems to be going intothe mode that my previous(now present on vista) S. program went through...
    Anyhow thanks again for all your help.. You and the other guru's do a great "needed"service.... And I thank you and all for all the help and info!!!!
    HAGD
    Ron

<blockquote><hr>Raideron wrote:
    Thanks Fax,
    I hear what your saying, but..... the "other guys" still has it, no added input from me,works on both versions the same way and pretty much has full coverage. etc. etc.But the biggest, no problems to date. The present XP/ZA seems to be going intothe mode that my previous(now present on vista) S. program went through...
    Anyhow thanks again for all your help.. You and the other guru's do a great "needed"service.... And I thank you and all for all the help and info!!!!
    HAGD
    Ron

<hr></blockquote>

For example, ZA MS messenger encryption was broken... it may look as it works but it does not.Not sure if it was fixed with latest versions. If you take out encryption the other options are not really working apart from blocking emoticons or custom avatars. IM essential feature is the checking of attachments with the antivirus. The rest is superfluous or already managed by the IM software itself.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

raideron Guest

Thank You Fax!!!
    Thanks
    for all your help and
    great info!!! You are very helpful!! Keep
    up the great work !!!!
    Gina and I wish you and yours the best!!!
    Wish all a Great Day.... Make it a Great Day!!
    Thank You
    Ron

Thread Information