Thread: ZA and Trend Micro Office Scan Client

tarethen Guest

Default ZA and Trend Micro Office Scan Client

Hey, all:

Old time user of ZA, just now putting it on my laptop, though.

Okay, my issue. Because my laptop is sometimes connected to a university internet connection, I am required to download Trend Micro Office Scan Client from them. Before zone alarm, TM would have a real time scan, and it would show this by having the connected lightning line symbol. After installing ZA (free version), that connection is no longer there, and the icon is showing a broken connection, and ZA is saying it is blocked from listening to port such and such.

Is this a common issue, and will TM continue to do the real time scan as it should, or is there a way to keep ZA and have TM working the way it should?

Thanks so much!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

rainbows Guest

Default Re: ZA and Trend Micro Office Scan Client

<blockquote><hr>Tarethen wrote:
    Hey, all:

Old time user of ZA, just now putting it on my laptop, though.

Okay, my issue. Because my laptop is sometimes connected to a university internet connection, I am required to download Trend Micro Office Scan Client from them. Before zone alarm, TM would have a real time scan, and it would show this by having the connected lightning line symbol. After installing ZA (free version), that connection is no longer there, and the icon is showing a broken connection, and ZA is saying it is blocked from listening to port such and such.

Is this a common issue, and will TM continue to do the real time scan as it should, or is there a way to keep ZA and have TM working the way it should?

Thanks so much!

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version: 7.0
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm (Free)

<hr></blockquote>

I don't know about Trend Micro Office Scan client (I have Trend Micro Internet Security 2007 and it runs find with Zone Alarm Pro). Is there a firewall option in the Office Scan product that might be interfering with Zone Alarm? If so, can you turn it off, or reinstall without the firewall portion activated?

Barbara

Thread Information