Thread: messenger 8.1 AND Zonealarm 8.0.020

samlar Guest

Default messenger 8.1 AND Zonealarm 8.0.020

I updated to the latest update for zonealarm and now when I try and open emails using messenger 8.1 it sends me to a window that says update your web browser

Upgrade your web browser here is what it says

We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes. To get started, choose one of the browsers below:
    Microsoft Internet Explorer
    Mozilla Firefox
    Apple Safari
    If you don t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to Windows Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not be displayed properly.

I have the lastest web browser for both internet explorer and firefox. I am using internet explorer to go to hotmail to read my mail but with the latest zonealarm the only way I can get past the window I stated above is to either shut down zone alarm or go back to 7.0 zonealarm.

samlar Guest

Default Re: messenger 8.1 AND Zonealarm 8.0.020

This is where messenger goes when zone alarm is turned off when I try to get my emails.

http://by141w.bay141.mail.live.com/m...px?n=391322411

This is where i goes when zonealarm is turned on.

http://by141w.bay141.mail.live.com/m...n%3d1778239612

Hi!
    version of ZA? ZAPRO, ZA Suite. ZA free...

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

samlar Guest

suite

I am running xp and have three computers so I went to another computer and did not have the problem.

I had upgraded to 8.0.020 on both I found the one that I had the problem with that I could go to zonealarm programs the internet explorer and options then un-check the enable the privacy for this program and it would then let me get to hotmail.

Since both computers had the same messenger same internet explorer and I had upgraded both to zonealarm 8, I decided to remove zonealarm from the computer that I was having the problem with and reinstall. I did a clean unintall but when I tried to reinstall zonealarm 8 It stopped and gave me (Could not execute the external program c;\windows\zonealarm\vsmon.exe). I then went to safe mode removed zonealarm 8 and reinstalled seven then upgraded to 8 again. This time it worked without blocking me from hotmail.

You're welcome!
    Good you sorted it out...

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information