Thread: just installed zone alarm firewall

scottrobot Guest

Default just installed zone alarm firewall

The firewall has blocked 110 access attempts and counting.. are these coming from the other computer on my network? im on wireless through
    router also if this means anything... just curious where and why they are coming
    thanks

Default Re: just installed zone alarm firewall

Hi!
    if you post the detail logging, may be some users here could give you feedback on what the other computer is trying to do.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

scottrobot Guest

Hi!
    if you post the detail logging, may be some users here could give you feedback on what the other computer is trying to do.

Cheers,
    Fax

hey Fax, what do you mean by detail logging? I literally just installed and still looking around :8}

Hi!
    Go to Alerts/logs tab, firewall section... for the logs.
    Or go to the Internet Logs folder in the main windows folder.
    Look for TXT files.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

scottrobot Guest

OK, I am in the alert & logs tab now and am in the Log Viewer.. which information do you need?

scottrobot Guest

Replying to myself.. lol
    i just clicked on more info at the bottom right corner in alerts & logs and read this:

<a target="_blank"></a>ZoneAlarm has blocked access to port 41611 on your computerZoneAlarm has successfully stopped local network or Internet traffic from reaching your computer. No breach in your security has occurred. Your computer is safe. <a target="_blank">What happened?</a>

ZoneAlarm blocked traffic to port 41611 on your machine from port 4008 on a remote computer whose IP address is a secret(lol). This communication attempt may have been a port scan, or simply one of the millions of unsolicited commercial or network control messages that are routinely sent out over the Internet. Such unsolicited messages are often called Internet background noise.<a target="_blank">Should I be concerned?</a>

This alert should not be a cause for concern. ZoneAlarm has protected your machine according to the firewall settings you have selected.<a target="_blank">What should I do?</a>

You do not need to do anything about this alert unless one of your programs is not functioning correctly or is unable to complete a task. In that case, you can temporarily lower your security level to medium to allow traffic to reach your computer. . Additional Program configuration options can be found in the help files.

Thread Information