Thread: zone alarm pro and KAV 2009....

kalu Guest

Default zone alarm pro and KAV 2009....

I just purchase the both and install the Zone alarm pro and when I try to install KAV 2009 say that I have to uninstall first ZONEALARM PRO so they are Incompatible?...

Any way to work together?...

It Doesn't make any sense this 2 great programs should work fine together...

I have Windows vista Ultimate 32.

Thanks, I hope someone come with the great response and solution!!!!!!!!!

kalu Guest

Default Re: zone alarm pro and KAV 2009....

There is any moderator that is a TECH in this company????, WHAT I Should do, ask for my money back?....

Thanks...

PS, ANY HELP PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: zone alarm pro and KAV 2009....

&quot;I just purchase the both and install the Zone alarm pro and when I try to install KAV 2009 say that I have to uninstall first ZONEALARM PRO&quot; - it neversaid it was completely incompatible - just that you have to 'un-install ZA Pro and then install KAV first, get it running and then install ZA Pro next = that works; and has worked for quite a number of users of this combination. It's just that KAV 'likes' to be installed first and then you can install ZA Pro.<hr>1) - I would suggest you 'properly' un-install ZA Pro &gt; http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...tallNonNT.html
    - make sure you &quot;unload ZA at startup"<hr>
    You can try this: just prior to new downloading attempt, on your current ZA &gt; go to &quot;Overview&quot; &gt; Preferences &gt; General - &quot;uncheck the box for&quot; = 'Load ZoneAlarm at startup' &gt; click once, wait - it may take a few
    seconds for it to register, but it will clear the box.[*]
    Please restart/ reboot. &lt;[*]&gt;
    Now, download and install your new 483 or 8.0. Unloading the current/ old version will ensure less conflicts between the old version and new version; after install you will have to re-start your pc. { This is a Super Tip - that will help prevent some 'true vector issues' on upgrades/ updates }<hr>2) - install KAV - get it running fine.<hr>3) - install ZA Pro - follow tips and guidelines described in here - click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73645<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 9-4-08 - I Want It That Way - The Backstreet Boys<ul>[/list][/list]

Thread Information