Hello,

I have PC w/Win2K Pro SP4 using AT&T dial-up

Aware of the MS/KB951748 issue I decided to first download the free update version to my ZA Pro (very old version from 2002 I think).

Changing nothing else in my PC's configuratition, I installed the above zapSet... and got a pop from the install stating (line feeds added for clarity):
--------------------------------------
Application popup: zapro.exe - Unable To Locate DLL : The dynamic link library ZNBNDPRO.dll could not be found in the specified path C:\PROGRA~1\ZONELA~1\ZONEAL~1;
.;
C:\WINNT\system32;
C:\WINNT\system;
C:\WINNT;
C:\DOCUME~1\PETERD~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\073008135056;
C:\WINNT\system32;
C:\WINNT;
C:\WINNT\system32\WBEM.
------------------------------------

The install appeared to work otherwise. Once install completed I could connect to my ISP but browsers (SeaMonkey, Fire Fox 3, IE 6) would not populate windows. Other internet accessing s/w (FTP, WMP) would not work either.

I uninstalled ZA and attempted to connect to ISP, nada.

I did various local diagnostics on my machine and everything came back OK.

Contacting ISP, and we did various tests. As far as they were concerned I was connected.

I also went to MS Knowledge Base and tried to wade through that searching for items related to dnscache (see below)

I can not PING (using Command Line) any addresses but loop back (I think, if it's important I can confirm one way or another).

Looking at Control Panel/Administrative ToolS/Component Service/Event Viewer/Application I find that everytime I connect I get the following message:
--------------------------------------
Source: dnscache
EventID: 11050

Description:
The DNS Client service could not contact any DNS servers for a repeated number of attempts. For the next 30 seconds the DNS Client service will not use the network to avoid further network performance problems. It will resume its normal behavior after that. If this problem persists, verify your TCP/IP configuration, specifically check that you have a preferred (and possibly an alternate) DNS server configured. If the problem continues, verify network conditions to these DNS servers or contact your network administrator.

Data:
0000: b4 05 00 00
-------------------------------------

My ISP uses dynamic DNS, so I would think dnscacheing isn't necessary.

I'm really at a loss... I'm guessing that I need the missing DLL (ZNBNDPRO.dll) but something in my 'net connection configuration has been corrupted.

Otherwise my PC works fine!

Thanks for any Help
Pete

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
Software Version:5.x
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro