Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZASS 8.0.020.000 is not ready for release!

mycroscope Guest

Default ZASS 8.0.020.000 is not ready for release!

Okay, so my computer informs me that there is a new release of ZASS. I dutifully download it and install it. Hey, it's got a new interface. Very professional-looking and cool. Then I find that it is so bugladen that it must be an early beta release. Then I discover that the official release history on the Zonelabs website shows the latest version to be 8.0.015.000 and not 8.0.020.000. What is this? Some kind of joke to drive us all crazy?

With release 8.0.020.000 the system is slowed down. When using a screen saver, it takes an age to get back to the screen. Same with closing down. It hangs for ages (like about 10 minutes) either on saving settings or the closing down screen. And it's not just me but everyone I've spoken to who has ZASS. This is a BAD release and isn't going to gain any goodwill for ZoneAlarm.

I just recommended ZASS to a friend. He said to me "But isn't that the one which causes loads of hassle on people's computers?" to which I replied "No, not at all. That's just malicious rumours". Now this release has come out and I'm gonna look stupid! )

I resent being used as an unofficial beta-tester. I daren't try 8.0.015.000, so I'm going back to release 7.

Can someone official please tell me what is going on?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

mjmctaggart Guest

Default Re: ZASS 8.0.020.000 is not ready for release!

I have had the same experience. Everything slows to a crawl with bootup taking ~3-4 minutes, whereas it was taking 20-30 seconds. Don't know what's going on with ZA 8.0, but a search for this product indicates that this seems to be a common experience.
    Asus M2N SLI DeluxeAMD 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+8G Corsair 5-5-5-18 DD2 6400 RAM (only 3G recognized by XP, the other 5G for Ubuntu AMD64)EVGA 7600 GT+WD 500G SATAXP Pro SP3

melinda_oz Guest

Not only am I having excruciatingly slow shut downs, but now the ESC and TAB keys don't work in Oblivion. The only thing that has changed since I last played is installing ZASS 8.0.020

Not happy, Zone Alarm!
    I hope I have a backup copy of the older software because the new one is a big pain in the butt.

bonz Guest

I had the same experience.
    I also downloaded and installed the new release for ZASS version 8.
    Even did a clean instal and then things went south from there.
    The system slowed way down. Booting up takes forever and then when trying to access the internet,
    some pages will
    load but it takes forever and
    and
    some will not load at
    all! So now I am going to try to roll back to the previous version.
    Just hope I can figure out how to completely uninstall this one.

bdlang Guest

FYI - older versions can be downloaded from http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html
    I'm glad I came upon this thread:<ul>[*]I installed
    8.0.015.000[*]noticed some weird slowdowns[*]was notified there's a new version[*]BTW my home pc is
    on a slow 28kbs dial-up so, I'm back at work to download the .020 update which would take many many hours at home (if at all)
    [*]Jumped onto this forum and see messages like this :0[*]I guess it's back to 7.0.483.000 for a few months [/list]

System: Dimension 8400
    ZA: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Bonz wrote:
    I had the same experience. I also downloaded and installed the new release for ZASS version 8.Even did a clean instal and then things went south from there. The system slowed way down. Booting up takes forever and then when trying to access the internet,some pages willload but it takes forever andandsome will not load atall! So now I am going to try to roll back to the previous version. Just hope I can figure out how to completely uninstall this one.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>This Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction..1.) You could Contact ZoneAlarm Tech Support Directly for Free at www.zonealarm.com/tsform (preferably with IE Browser)The More Reports and Details of the Problem that they have, the sooner they will find a Fix..2.) The simplest procedure is to:1.Download the ZA8.0.015.000installer: ZASS http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html(preferably with IE7 and no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right)ZAFree http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.htmlZAP http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html ZAAV http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.htmlZAAS http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.htmlZASS http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html2. On your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under overview --&gt; preferences tab)3. Reboot the system4. Install the new update (clean or upgrade) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Trusted Zone, not the Internet Zone..Here is a List of the Most common User problems..a.) The first thing a Hacker, Trojan or Virus tries to do if they infect your computer or gain access to your Computer, thru an Email Attachment or pop-up on a Website or user over-riding the Security alerts by the firewall, is to shutdown, any Firewall, AV/AS.. that is why some users have problems updating ZoneAlarm or any other security program..vsmon.exe/TrueVector is the first thing that loads when your computer starts to boot up, the ZA tray Icon is just a Icon that loads later in the Boot-up process.. and TrueVector /vsmon.exe is the last thing to shut down when your computer shuts down to insure that your computer is always protected..That is why in "Load ZoneAlarm on startup in not Un-checked" and computer Rebooted, Truevector will stay in Memory and will not be removed during Install or Upgrade, in fact the install may fail because Truevector in an attempt to protect your computer will think that the New Install attempt to install a new version of Truevector may be a Hacker Attempting to shut down Truevector..That is why it is Important to use the Un-Check "Start ZA on Startup" method so that a New Upgrade Copy of trueVector/vsmon.exe can bee installed..
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.015.000

TrueVector version:8.0.015.000
    Driver version:8.0.015.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:958751962
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200809.4555
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

steveinva Guest

GeorgeV, I'm sure many people will appreciate your advice (regarding the installer, unchecking the &quot;load at startup&quot; box, and such).
    I haven't tried it yet; hope it works.
    But still, it's obviously more than a few people who are having problems and we might wonder why ZA didn't provide this advice in its original notice.

Further, by now, three days in,
    we shouldn't be depending on a reader forum to solve these problems, there should be
    a fix, an apology, an e-mail offering a link to reinstall version 7 -- or SOMEthing, directly from ZA/Checkpoint.

nmcowgirl Guest

In a previous posting you suggested dowloading the version 7 ..... I tried to download it and I got a message saying that I wasnot authorized to download and I should sign in as administrator ..... how do I do this?
    Is this something I established when I bought ZA?
    Also I tried restoring my system to a previous checkpoint ... prior to the Version 8 install/update and I cannot do this .... so I assume that the ZA version 8 is preventing me from doing the restore.
    Thank you for your help
    P.S. Frankly I think that someone should file a lawsuit against ZA .... we should all be compensated for this negligent error .... many of us make our living from the internet ...so some of us have lost income as a result.
    What really cracks me up is ZA charges $2.95 for phone tech support ... so are we to pay them to fix their problem?

bat Guest

For a moment I thought I am hit by virus 'cos after upgrading to Vers 8.0.020.000, the shutdown takes a long time.. In fact, I have to turn off the power to shut it down as I cannot wait for the notebook to shutdown.

What should I do?
    Is there a fix to this?
    Can anyone who has solved this issue share his/her experience?
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information