Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZASS 8.0.020.000 is not ready for release!

twoduedeux Guest

Default Re: ZASS 8.0.020.000 is not ready for release!

I completely agree that 8.0.020 is not ready.
    I was a software developer for 30 years and I
    know
    the kinds of pressure that exist to
    rush things out.
    But ZoneAlarm has too much to lose making these kinds of blunders.
    Specifically it takes over 2 minutes to come out of standby -- over 1 minute to simply get the user list, over 1 minute to get the password field to display.
    Also there are long periods -- like 30 seconds -- where the system just locks up.Windows Security Center reports that the firewall is turned off.
    Zonealarm says that it is on.
    Now I am not clear if I am supposed to go back to 8.0.015 or back to release 7.
    I also agree that we deserve better than this in terms of explanation, apology, advance warning, etc.
    I was prompted three days in a row to install before I finally did.
    During that time they must have know that the release was bad.
    How inconsiderate, to say the least!

mycroscope Guest

People are asking if they should go to 8.0.015.000 or 7.483. Do NOT, repeat NOT go to 8.0.015.000!! It is just as bad as the 20 and it leaves a heap of trouble for you to uninstall manually afterwards. Just go back to using the latest release of version 7 (which is 483). It works fine. Then upgrade in a couple of months if necessary.

Good luck!

mycroscope Guest

Twoduedeux, you asked "Now I am not clear if I am supposed to go back to 8.0.015 or back to release 7". Do NOT, repeat NOT go to 8.0.015.000!! It is just as bad as the 20 (I tried it) and it leaves a heap of trouble for you to uninstall manually afterwards. Just go back to using the latest release of version 7 (which is 483). It works fine. Then upgrade in a couple of months if necessary if they get this sorted.

Good luck!

twoduedeux Guest

Thanks, MycroScope!
    I downloaded 8.0.015 and saw that it was exactly the same size as 8.0.020.
    Even if it is not exactly identical, it can't be much different.
    I'm going back to 7 as advised.
    Twodueduex

jduncan Guest

I totally agree with this - it will stop me from using ZASS. Twice now we have had major problems with truly useless upgrades. If anyone reads this - do NOT install 8.0.020 It will lose your permitted and blocked lists in Outlook Express, slow your computer to a crawl, interfere with your web browsing and waste half a day of your time trying to put things right.

Whoever put this on release should be sacked.

wisedriver Guest

Default Re: ZASS 8.0.020.000.. my 2 centavos

2 of my 3 PCs at home have been afflicted with the 8 problems. Currently trying to uninstall 8, reinstall latest 7 which gave me zero problems in all 3 of my PCs. Will be keeping a close eye on my main PC, on which I type right now.

to reiterate: DO NOT INSTALL 8 until bugs are worked out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information