Thread: IS ZA GOING TO HELP

mgagly Guest

Default IS ZA GOING TO HELP

I did a clean install of the new version on both of my computers and like everyone else I am having problems. I tried to reinstall v7 as suggested but the download failed stating that
    I am not allowed and to have the administrator do it. I am the administrator and the only one on the computer. I have been with ZA for over 5 years but not hearing from tech support in over 3 days am having other thoughts. Where are the tech people. Somebody need to be held accountable for this mess. I hope that some answers are on the way.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

waukmke Guest

Default Re: IS ZA GOING TO HELP

This happened to me also when I was trying to get out of the 8.0 mess. I got an error message saying I had to be the administrator which of course I am like you..the only one on the computer.

I forget now what I did that allowed me to uninstall ver. 8.0 and reinstall 7.0.483. I think i had tried to use a saved version I had in my documents folder and then found the one on ZA website of all the old versions in their history files http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html

Or maybe it was the other way around. Anyway just be sure any ZA on your system is uninstalled first. Even if you are then running for a few minutes unprotected. And then try installing the old 7.0 version. Hope you do not get the error message again. Good luck. I know that is how it worked for me. Eventually I got the old one back and my computer is fine now.

Thread Information