Thread: I have been having the shutdown problem after installing...

Hybrid View

jestoc Guest

Default I have been having the shutdown problem after installing...

I have been having the shutdown problem after installing the 8.0 update. I can shut down normally if I exit ZoneAlarm and then shutdown. Not fix but it shuts down normally. I am not experiencing any of the other problems. When is Zone Alarm going to help.Hope this helps someone outthere.
    Good luck all

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

norahfan Guest

Default Re: I have been having the shutdown problem after installing...

I am having the same problem starting with v8.0 of ZASS. When I shutdown the computer with ZASS running, it can take as much as three (3) minutes to shutdown the computer, but if I shutdown ZASS first, and then shutdown the computer, it
    shuts down
    as fast as before. Starting the computer takes the same time as before, though.
    Windows XP Home SP3ZASS 8.0.020.000
    PJ

unojack Guest

Please Report the details of your Problem with ZASS 8.0.020.000 Directly to ZoneAlarm Tech Support for Free at:

www.zonealarm.com/tsform (preferably with IE Browser) (Because the HTML in the Submit Button) works better with IE..

The More User Report this problem Directly to tech Support, The more information Tech support has to use in figuring out what is wrong and how to fix it.

Also, if Tech Support sends you a fix when you forwarded a Help Ticket to them for Help, if the fix DOES NOT work, make sure you tell them it did not work, so they can find the exact cause of your issues.

Thank you

bellandbottle Guest

I, too, am experiencing shut-down issues (ie) I give up after 7 or 8 minutes and switch off at the power supply. Last night I closed down ZA and there was no problem with shut-down. This morning, however, ZA was not responding, and I had to restart it. I have contacted tech support.

XP pro
    ZA SS V8

biznotch Guest

Yes I have the exact same issue. Since installing ZA 8.0, shutdown is taking FOREVER. It hangs on "Saving Settings" for like 6 or 7 minutes.

This ABSOLUTELY needs to be fixed.

Thread Information