Thread: P2P problems appear fixed in v8

jongar Guest

Default P2P problems appear fixed in v8

Edit: This post has been removed as the problems are not in fact fixed (see further down this thread). Subsequent further study shows the problem simply takes longer to appear with v8.Since this thread appeared high up in Google searches on the topic and since my previous comments were very positive I have had to edit the post to avoid misleading other users/potential users.
    To Moderators: If you are still censoring discussion of this topic please delete this thread completely. My comments saying that the problem appeared fixed are now views I certainly do not want associated with me..

Message Edited by Jongar on 09-26-2008 04:18 PM

Default Re: P2P problems appear fixed in v8

Thank you Jongar for the feedback!
    Good to hear the issue is solved...

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

jongar Guest

Sorry to say I was wrong. No doubt v8
    i smore resilient than v7, but it still seems to have the same fundamental weakness under Vista - give it long enough and throw enough connections at it and it falls over. And open enough connections and the performance falls through the floor, even before it actually falls over. I can only believe that this is a core weakness in its design rather than
    a "bug", since it has been there for over a year now, has been raised by many people, has been raised by me several times with the beta team and still it remains.
    I regret after 10 years with ZA I have now removed the product and installed a trial of Kaspersky Internet Security. Let's see how I fair!

Great!
    Good luck with your new product!

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

jongar Guest

I still have over 200 days left on my ZA licence. That is how fed up I have finally become, walking away with over half my year's subscription to run! ZA
    is still running perfectly on my XP machine (still v7 there). Putting up with this for over a year I hope demonstrates this is not something I wanted to do.
    I will keep an eye on things and wait for a big announcement about P2P fixes under Vista.

Thread Information