Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shutting Down

shanesl Guest

Default Shutting Down

ZA Security Suite Version 8.0.020.000

I have notice that on shut-down XP it now take up to 2 half minutes for shut-down.
    If I switch ZA Security Suite Version 8.0.020.000 it off it takes about 10/15 seconds
    Why is that please? What is holding the shut-down, have you included some sort of close down check?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

paulk Guest

Default Re: Shutting Down

I also have experienced a tremendous slowing of normal PC functions (shutting down, switching between users, prepping of icons, etc) since installing the new version of ZoneAlarm security suite on my Windows XP desktop on Sept 5.
    At times, I have to unplug the computer to complete the shutdown.
    With two college students and two high school students using the PC, this
    is a huge inconvenience.

to the Zone Alarm User Forum..VERY IMPORTANT: Please Report the details of your Problem Directly to ZA Tech Support for FREE at www.zonealarm.com/tsform (preferably withIE Browser)The more Users that Report this AV/AS Update or Slow Shut Down problem directly to Tech Support, with their Details and what they did to try and resolve the issue, the Sooner Tech support will find a FIX for the problem..I Suggest going back to ZASS Version 7.0.483.000Until the Developers come up with a Fix..Go to the following Forum Link and follow the Instructions..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b....id=14945#M184
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

paulk Guest

I downloaded version 7.0.483 and tried reinstalling. I got the following error message in a pop-up box:

"You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrative account."

Any ideas as to the cause and a resolution??

This is the first time I have received an error while attempting a ZA installation. I reinstalled version 8.0.020 to maintain the security level.

Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>PaulK wrote:
    I downloaded version 7.0.483 and tried reinstalling. I got the following error message in a pop-up box:

"You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrative account."

Any ideas as to the cause and a resolution??

This is the first time I have received an error while attempting a ZA installation. I reinstalled version 8.0.020 to maintain the security level.

Thanks.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your Feedback.. I'm sorry that your having problems..Please Report that Problem with Re-installing ZA 7.0.483.000, after having problems with ZA 8.0Please Report the details of your Problem Directly to ZA Tech Support for FREE at www.zonealarm.com/tsform (preferably withIE Browser)The more Users that Report this AV/AS Update or Slow Shut Down problem directly to Tech Support, with their Details and what they did to try and resolve the issue, the Sooner Tech support will find a FIX for the problem..Tech Support may ask for your ZA Log Files, and tell you how to do that..

GeorgeV

shanesl Guest

GeorgeV
    Have done what you suggested (Contact ZA tech) and have received an email that they will look into it.
    Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Shanesl wrote:
    GeorgeV
    Have done what you suggested (Contact ZA tech) and have received an email that they will look into it.
    Thanks
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Good News..Thank you for your feedback..
    GeorgeV

shotei Guest

I went back to version 8.0.0.15 but the shutting down problem is still there. I tried to go back to the 7.0.4 version but it says I need to do it from an administrator account. There's only one user, me, and it is an administrator account according to User Accounts in Control Panel. If I uninstall ZA and do a clean install of v7 will it still have my license number and expiration date?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Shotei wrote:
    I went back to version 8.0.0.15 but the shutting down problem is still there. I tried to go back to the 7.0.4 version but it says I need to do it from an administrator account. There's only one user, me, and it is an administrator account according to User Accounts in Control Panel. If I uninstall ZA and do a clean install of v7 will it still have my license number and expiration date?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That is why I recommended trying 7.0.483 first.. because Za 8.0 has a different User interface that Za 7.0, there may be a few files left over from version 8.0..Try Remove ZoneAlarm , the Re-insta.. 7.0.483.000Try a clean unistall of the program then reinstall the program.....

1.) Download a Current Copy of Zone Alarm Security Suite from
    ZA website in the release history section.

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html

2.) Go into ZA Overview/Preferences and Un-Check "Load Zone Alarm on Startup"
    3.) Reboot Computer to Remove Zone Alarm drivers from Memory..
    4.) Temporarily shut down any other AV/AS Security programs that May Conflict with ZA Install

5..) Click on Start -&gt; Programs -&gt; Zone Labs
    RIGHT-click on Uninstall Zone Labs Security, then select Properties.
    Under Target you will see the following line (the actual drive may be different on your system):
    "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninstexe"
    Change it to:
    "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean (add a space and then the /clean)
    Click OK to save the new command line.
    Click on Start -&gt; Programs -&gt; Zone Labs -&gt; Uninstall Zone Labs Security
    Click OK to run the uninstaller, and OK any security alerts that pop up.
    say "Yes when being prompted for the removal of all files and allow TrueVector to shut down.
    - Reboot

Now Start again in the Safe mode and delete these files in the Windows Directory:

WINDOWS\ Internet Logs

Program Files\Zone Labs

WINDOWS\system32\ Zonelabs

Now Reboot

Using something like this Freeware CCleaner &lt;--- http://www.ccleaner.com/download/bui...wnloading-slim
    , will help do the cleanup as well on both the Hard drive and the Registry .

Now Re-install the ZA program now...
    GeorgeV

dan_b Guest

This was the reason I joined this forum... up to now, shutdown has not been an issue, in fact, ZoneAlarm has been great to me and my PCs. Ever since the upgrade to Internet Security Suite 8 however, it takes from 1 to 15 minutes for either of my two Dell Windows XP machines to actually turn off. There appears to be no hard drive activity to speak of during this period, just a hellacious delay.

I came here in hopes that I could share my grief with somebody! This is not a life threatening problem, but a fix should definitely be made by the ZA folks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information