Thread: I don t know what is under the hood ? of ZA Internet Suit...

zafanq Guest

Default I don t know what is under the hood ? of ZA Internet Suit...

I don t know what is under the hood of ZA Internet Suite 8.020, but the interface is a huge leap backward. The more I use it, the more aggravating it becomes. Most prominently:

1. While most of the information from the 7.0 version is still present, it is now buried in extra layers of menus. I now have to dig for information that was either already on-screen or one mouse-click away.
    2. The new tree-style menu interface is much less handy than the old tabs.
    3. In the old version, not matter where I was in ZA, I could see the level of internet access and what programs were doing the accessing. That information now appears to be completely gone.

Version 8 offers no new choices to the user, so why the interface was screwed up I cannot figure out. All-in-all the new interface looks to be the brainstorm of some VP who does not ever use a computer who thinks that a more complex interface means a higher-tech, more powerful program. This blasted program is starting to look like Norton and McAfee. I switched from both of those exactly because the interfaces were KLUDGE and the programs were SLOOOWW, with no commensurate superiority in performance.
    Either bring back the old interface or at least give me the option of choosing between interface styles in the new 8.x series. Otherwise I and my 8 PCs are going shopping for a new protection suite when resubscribing time comes.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: I don t know what is under the hood ? of ZA Internet Suit...

Hi!
    thank you for your comments...

Note that ZA staff does not monitor this board, we are all users here.

It will be much more effective to report this to ZA customer support directly: www.zonealarm.com/csform rather than this user forum

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information