Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOW!

writer Guest

Default WOW!

Wow! I asked a question about ZA Pro's Privacy Protection conflicting with a well known free Antivirus's Web Shield and the post has apparently been removed. I actually removed ZA Pro because of this and from the looks of all the problems with the latest version I'm glad I did. What is Check Points problem? Can't they get it right? I have used a few different versions in the past and it's always hit or miss with this program. ZoneAlarm Anti-spyware ran well and other than the possible Web Shield conflict so did ZA Pro 8.0.15 at least for me. One version later though and bam, problems. I hope for the die hard ZA users sake everything works out all right, but I have personally had enough of this hit or miss security software program. Perhaps it's time to use a free well known firewall that offers great leak test results and has a patented protection "Defense" module to go along with my free well known Antivirus. At least I know from this free firewall's forum that it works very well with "Bleep" ( as it's called here ) Antivirus's Web Shield.

timdaniels Guest

Default Re: WOW!

<blockquote><hr>Writer wrote:
    Wow! I asked a question about ZA Pro's Privacy Protection conflicting with a well known free Antivirus's Web Shield and the post has apparently been removed.<hr></blockquote>

Yeah, I've noticed some heavy-handed editing, too. Notice how the thread titled &quot;ZASS 8.0.020.000 is not ready for release!&quot; has been cut off to further replies?

*TimDaniels*

Me thinks your post never left and is still there:

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=51971

I noticed your post the other day, but had no time to spare to answer.

Okay - the A Vast Web Shield and the ZA should not have any issues.
    Only the network Shield of the A Vast will conflict with the ZA as this is a mini firewall for intrusion protection and it will conflict with some firewalls.

Best regards.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

writer Guest

Thanks Oldsod, and now I feel bad for my post. LOL. I was just slightly aggravated and well ZA can do this to a person. LOL. Anyway I may reinstall ZA Pro 8.0.15 with **bleep** Home, but what the devil happened with 8.0.20? I mean if the previous version ran fine you would think the next version would be an improvement. I can live with the editing here, but I do expect each new version of a software program to improve, not cause &quot;havoc&quot; Thanks for the replies, and thanks Oldsod for once again helping me. It goes a long way in choosing a security program, but of course so does reliability.

Did you not see this thread with the pictures in the posts??

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=19132

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

writer Guest

I actually had 8.0.15 installed and loved the new look. I was just upset about not knowing if a comptabilty issue between ZA Pro Privacy Protection and my AV's Web Shield still existed. I guess ZASS 8.0.20 has most of the problems I've read about, is this right? Thanks Oldsod.

Not really.
    The forum is where people post about problems, not how great things are.
    Plus the many of the issues are simple mistakes or window issues, malware issues, installation mistakes, etc. And questions about processes/ports/networking/cookies/etc.

Have yet to hear anyone other than yourself about the ZA Privacy conflicts with the A Vast web shield.
    You are the first ZA user so far with this problem.

Best advice is contact Technical Support and report this issue. They will attempt to reproduce this conflict it if there are a sufficent number of reports to warrant the testing.

Best regards.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

writer Guest

Hey Oldsod, your not getting too old are you? LOL. I didn't post that I had a conflict, and was just asking for reassurance there wasn't one. My AV's Web Shield was scanning websites with ZA Pro's Privacy Guard on so I believe the two were running all right together, but I know this wasn't the case a few versions ago when the two did have a conflict. I'm just curious why ZA Pro still warns about a conflict if there isn't any? I also realize because there are millions of ZA users, there are going to be more problems than other software that don't have as many users. The only thing I will still say though, is that these problems often seem to be more severe than other security software programs. I would just think that Check Point would have gotten the correct formula down by now that's all. It does seem too, that the majority of problems are with the Internet security Suite which I have never used because of it. I had no problems with ZAAS 7.0 or ZA pro 8.0.15 so I'm not complaining, but I shouldn't feel afraid to use a security suite. I know a few other internet suites that has had it's share of troubles too, but the vendors &quot;listened&quot; to the users not only through customer services, but in different security forums and took care of them. I wouldn't be afraid to install any of them either. I am going to install ZA Pro 8.0.15 again and although I'm not afraid to do this, I would be worried about installing 8.0.20 at this point. Am I wrong in feeling this way?

<blockquote><hr>Writer wrote:
    Hey Oldsod, your not getting too old are you? LOL. I didn't post that I had a conflict, and was just asking for reassurance there wasn't one. My AV's Web Shield was scanning websites with ZA Pro's Privacy Guard on so I believe the two were running all right together, but I know this wasn't the case a few versions ago when the two did have a conflict. I'm just curious why ZA Pro still warns about a conflict if there isn't any? I also realize because there are millions of ZA users, there are going to be more problems than other software that don't have as many users. The only thing I will still say though, is that these problems often seem to be more severe than other security software programs. I would just think that Check Point would have gotten the correct formula down by now that's all. It does seem too, that the majority of problems are with the Internet security Suite which I have never used because of it. I had no problems with ZAAS 7.0 or ZA pro 8.0.15 so I'm not complaining, but I shouldn't feel afraid to use a security suite. I know a few other internet suites that has had it's share of troubles too, but the vendors "listened" to the users not only through customer services, but in different security forums and took care of them. I wouldn't be afraid to install any of them either. I am going to install ZA Pro 8.0.15 again and although I'm not afraid to do this, I would be worried about installing 8.0.20 at this point. Am I wrong in feeling this way?
    <hr></blockquote>
    You get afraid??
    You the guy who installs three differnet firewalls almost in the same day and changes security programs more faster than I can drink coffee?

Haven't heard of any issues so why the sudden worries?

What exactly is this warning from the ZA?
    Can you give some details and information?

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

writer Guest

LOL. It's called addiction Oldsod. LOL. I have been pretty good recently. I only used two AV's in the last couple of weeks, at different times of course, and only one Behavior Blocker. I am referring to the warning ZA Alarm pops up when installing it with **bleep** Home and all the posts about version 8.0.20 causing problems. As far as being afraid goes. I have as an alcoholic faced many fears over the last 12 years sober and overcome them, but when it comes to security software it's a different story, especially when a few of them seem to cause so many problems for some. You would think this in itself would help me top switching so much, but it seems every time I think I have settled on a security set up, a new temptation comes along like ZA Pro 8.0 and I just have to try it out. I'll kick this addiction though just like I did drinking, but it has truly been hard to do so. Take care buddy and I'm sorry if I ruffled your feathers. I know you're a die hard ZA user and I meant no disrespect. I may be addicted to security software, but I have come along way since my drinking days as a person and because of this I wouldn't want to offend someone like yourself who has helped so many in this forum. I have helped many people myself in other ways and I know it takes a certain kind of person to do so. See ya my friend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information