Thread: Zone Alarm, iTunes 8, Airtunes, Airport Express and Windows XP with linksys wrt54g

urbanlegend Guest

Default Zone Alarm, iTunes 8, Airtunes, Airport Express and Windows XP with linksys wrt54g

hi,

i have recently upgraded to itunes 8 and my airport express with airtunes stopped working. i've narrowed the problem down to the firewall - zone alarm. if i change the internet zone security from high to med, airtunes works. otherwise it does not.

any ideas on what i can change in zone alarm to allow airtunes to work. i'm not really comfortable operating my computer on med security in order to stream my music through airtunes.

tia,

john

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

urbanlegend Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm, iTunes 8, Airtunes, Airport Express and Windows XP with linksys wrt54g

well, i think i've solved it, but it raises another question.

i added the ip address for the airport express to my trusted zone. will doing this open me up to any added security risks?

i read a bunch about enabling udp to solve the issue, but i'm not sure what udp is or how i would enable it on zone alarm or my wrt54g. any help is certainly appreciated.

john

Thread Information