Thread: Help! Can't use my computer with ZA turned on!

mayornewton Guest

Default Help! Can't use my computer with ZA turned on!

Hi, new here, so I apologize if this has already been asked. I'm sure it has, and I will find my way around as I am able to...until then, please let me know what to do.

With ZA Free turned on, I can't 'refresh' a site, or go to another site, at all. I remember someone giving me a link to 'how to fix this,' but have misplaced it and have no idea what to do. I thought that perhaps uninstalling ZA and then reinstalling it would do the trick, but thought I'd better ask about it first before I go messing around with it!

Anyone got a minute to help an old 'computer stupid' guy fix this? I hate not having ZA turned on, but turning it off is the only way I've been able to use my computer.

Thanks!

Mayor Newton (MayorNewton@newtcity.com)

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Help! Can't use my computer with ZA turned on!

If you have ZA version 7.0.462(check in ZA
    'Overview' > 'Product Info')
    or above you can do the following reset of database...<hr>Try resetting your database. Keep in mind that you will lose all settings within ZoneAlarm. If you usually rely on the default settings, this poses no problem for you.
    1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot.<hr>you can click here
    for more info. &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73798<hr>Next time you post - it's always good to give us details of what you have - exactly: XP or Vista, which version of ZA 7.0.483, 7.1, 8.0?? any error messages/ codes etc.<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 9-14-08 - Duke Of Earl - Gene Chandler

Thread Information