Thread: ZA 8.0.020

chiefeng Guest

Default ZA 8.0.020

Just started trial, Then I read there are problems with this version. Should I down load new version? Should I remove it and then try new version? I would appreciate any help. I'm just looking for a good security suite. Thanks in advance.
    Chiefeng

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ZA 8.0.020

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Chiefeng wrote:
    Just started trial, Then I read there are problems with this version. Should I down load new version? Should I remove it and then try new version? I would appreciate any help. I'm just looking for a good security suite. Thanks in advance.
    Chiefeng

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> to the Zone Alarm User Forum..It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    Please Read this..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=19244I Suggest going back to ZASS Version 7.0.483.000Until the Developers come up with a Fix..Go to the following Forum Link and follow the Instructions..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b....id=14945#M184

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

marknuhfer Guest

I've been having the hangup issues too.

I've followed the instructions you provided to try to go back to V7.0.483.

After I downloaded it, unchecked the &quot;Load ZA at startup&quot; box, then rebooted I clicked on the installer for V7 and got this error:

&quot;You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrators account.&quot;

I do have administrator privileges on the user profile and even tried to do it from another user with privileges. I've restarted a few times with no luck.

I understand its hard to diagnose problems from across the country, but any other suggestions? DO I need to uninstall V8 before trying V7? Is there another way to get V7? And what happens to the license I purchased for V8 if I unistall it?

I've got Windows XP Media Center Edition 2002 Service Pack 3

Thanks.

Message Edited by marknuhfer on 09-20-2008 09:56 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>marknuhfer wrote:
    I've been having the hangup issues too.

I've followed the instructions you provided to try to go back to V7.0.483.

After I downloaded it, unchecked the "Load ZA at startup" box, then rebooted I clicked on the installer for V7 and got this error:

"You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrators account."

I do have administrator privileges on the user profile and even tried to do it from another user with privileges. I've restarted a few times with no luck.

I understand its hard to diagnose problems from across the country, but any other suggestions? DO I need to uninstall V8 before trying V7? Is there another way to get V7? And what happens to the license I purchased for V8 if I unistall it?

I've got Windows XP Media Center Edition 2002 Service Pack 3

Thanks.

Message Edited by marknuhfer on 09-20-2008 09:56 AM
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Sorry, The information I provided was for the Original User Request, who has a different Computer WindowsOS than you do..?When other user like yourself interject your own problem into the discussion of somebody else's problem, any advice or solution to you problem would confuse and may conflict with the solution to the Originating Users problem..1.) "Unfortunately Media Center Edition is not support by any ZoneAlarm product free or paid. Forum Moderator"http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=449672.) Some User have reported success with earlier versions of ZoneAlarm Ver. 6.x and 7.x with "Windows XP Media Center Edition 2002" 3.)Many other have had problems..4.) From what you have proviided,, if your one of the Lucky users to get ZA to work on WinXO Media Center, then maybe the Downloaded Install file was Corrupted durring Download?did you use IE Browser to download Za with? and do not use Download managers or Accellerator program like Livewire/GetRight etc.. as they may Corrupt the Installer..http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.htmlI Suggest going back to ZASS Version 7.0.483.000Until the Developers come up with a Fix..Go to the following Forum Link and follow the Instructions..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b....id=14945#M184
    5.) you may have to Install ZoneAlarm in "SAFE MODE"The Safe Mode Method works for Some Users..Good Luck..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.052.000 BETA (32-Bit)
    TrueVector version:8.0.052.000
    Driver version:8.0.052.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:959682013
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200809.4645
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays