Thread: Old Version Zonealarm

phyburn Guest

Default Old Version Zonealarm

I upgraded to zonealarm 8.* and it completely destroyed my machine. It takes up 100% CPU and does nothing. It's very upsetting, since I JUST paid for anther year subscription. I wanted to know if there is anyway I can download the newest 7.* version since that was the latest version I had before upgrading to 8.* and destroying my machine.

I downloaded:

Uninstaller will run and ask you to reboot.

Download 7.0.483.000 and save the installer to your desktop. Then double click the installer file to install.

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...483_000_en.exe

And when I attempted to install that version, said my machine was NOT okay lol and wouldn't let me install. I than ran it in windows compatibility mode (XP SP2) and it ran. Then at 100% installed it crashed on me and I reboot, then when I start it says "enter your licence info" I than enter my key, and about 15 mins later it pops up saying the antivirus system is broken blah blah.

So is there a new version I can download of the 7 series of zonealarm? Been using it for a year no problem, then I update and **bleep** hits the fan ^_^

Default Re: Old Version Zonealarm

Hi!fully remove ZA closely following the instruction here below:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=103If one step do not apply to you or cannot be performed please skip to the next.You may need to perform the procedure in SAFE MODE.Remember to remove all files/folders/registry detailed in the document.... and install version 7... you will be notified by ZA (automatic update) when a bug free release will be put in production.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

phyburn Guest

Thanks so much for the help!

But I still get the following error when trying to install:

Title: Incompatible OS Detected

This Check Point product is not compatible with Windows Vista Operating System.

The installation will stop now.

OK

I could run it in windows compatibility mode (XP SP 2). But the ZL doesn't run properly later on...

Any ideas?

I'm running windows Vista Ultimate SP1, the ZL version is: zaSuiteSetup_70_483_000_en

Here is the Direct Download Link to Previous Versions of ZASS for Vista..http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...ory_vista.htmlI would Recomend 7.1.254.0007.1.254.000 was released to the public on April 22, 2008. For changes in this version, click here. To download this version, click here.

Try a clean unistall of the program then reinstall the program.....

1.) Download a Current Copy of Zone Alarm Security Suite from
    ZA website in the release history section.

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...ory_vista.html

2.) Go into ZA Overview/Preferences and Un-Check "Load Zone Alarm on Startup"
    3.) Reboot Computer to Remove Zone Alarm drivers from Memory..
    4.) Temporarily shut down any other AV/AS Security programs that May Conflict with ZA Install

5..) Click on Start -> Programs -> Zone Labs
    RIGHT-click on Uninstall Zone Labs Security, then select Properties.
    Under Target you will see the following line (the actual drive may be different on your system):
    "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninstexe"
    Change it to:
    "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" (add a space and then the /clean)
    Click OK to save the new command line.
    Click on Start -> Programs -> Zone Labs -> Uninstall Zone Labs Security
    Click OK to run the uninstaller, and OK any security alerts that pop up.
    say "Yes when being prompted for the removal of all files and allow TrueVector to shut down.
    - Reboot

Now Start again in the Safe mode and delete these files in the Windows Directory:

WINDOWS\ Internet Logs

Program Files\Zone Labs

WINDOWS\system32\ Zonelabs

Now Reboot

Using something like this Freeware CCleaner <--- http://www.ccleaner.com/download/bui...wnloading-slim
    , will help do the cleanup as well on both the Hard drive and the Registry .

Now Re-install the ZASS program now. accept the Default settings, and choose the TRUSTED ZONE and not the INTERNET ZONE..Reboot..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information