Thread: Program keeps getting disabled

fisherking Guest

Default Program keeps getting disabled

I am using a program called DietPower. It seems everytime I do a virus and spyware scan, the program is disabled and I get an error message from the program: "Cannot find 'mia.lib' Reinstalling the program may solve this problem." So I reinstall the program and then it works again. I have added "Dietpower.exe" to the list of trusted programs, but I don't know what else to do. Is mia.lib being seen as a virus or spyware? If so, 'mia.lib' does not show up on the list of viruses to be quarantined or spyware or tracking cookies to be deleted. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Program keeps getting disabled

I don't have the full answer, but I think I have some small clues.<hr>Click here &gt; http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&amp;q...art=0&amp;sa=N<hr>&gt; http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&amp;q...art=0&amp;sa=N<hr>mia.lib is a compressed data stream, that some anti-virus/ anti-spy scanners may not be able to open and therefore - may close/ disable/ quarantine it - without claiming it to be 'real malware' per se. They can't open it - to scan, so they just disable
    &gt; error message.<hr>I have seen in some cases with 'zip' files = another kind of compressed data/ file - some scanners having issues with opening it and therefore - putting up some alerts/ error codes. So mia.lib is not a virus or spyware to be detected by your scanners, anyways. Some scanners have an 'exception list/ white list/ or add this file extension to be 'exempt' - so this can be
    a little help; but we don't know what av scanner or anti-spy scanner you are using and giving the errors, yes, hint. We don't know if ZA's anti-spy is disabling or your 'unknown' anti-virus. List.<hr>How about asking DietPower's support about this issue. They are more familiar with their product out in the net, and if you ask the 'right' support tech - they may have the right solutions or work-arounds. If DietPower has a forum - you can ask/ post your issue. Check their support/ FAQS, known issues, etc.<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC - Beginnings - Chicago

The .lib file extension is an unusal file extension and not that often seen.
    The .lib is just a "library" file which is used by both Apple (mac) and Windows operating systems.

Since this .lib file extension is unusual, the antivirus is probably setting it by default as a potential malware threat.

Try adjusting the file extension scanned in the antivirus scanner and set the .lib to an exception list or just set the scanner to scan a predetermined list of file extensions and exclude any other file extensions.
    Or set the mia.lib file as an exception all by itself and the scanner will no longer include this file in it resident or demand scannings.
    Once that is done the file will no longer be deleted or corrupted by the antivirus scanner and you can enjoy your application.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

fisherking Guest

<blockquote><hr>Oldsod wrote:
    The .lib file extension is an unusal file extension and not that often seen.
    The .lib is just a &quot;library&quot; file which is used by both Apple (mac) and Windows operating systems.

Since this .lib file extension is unusual, the antivirus is probably setting it by default as a potential malware threat.

Try adjusting the file extension scanned in the antivirus scanner and set the .lib to an exception list or just set the scanner to scan a predetermined list of file extensions and exclude any other file extensions.
    Or set the mia.lib file as an exception all by itself and the scanner will no longer include this file in it resident or demand scannings.
    Once that is done the file will no longer be deleted or corrupted by the antivirus scanner and you can enjoy your application.

Oldsod.
    <hr></blockquote>
    Thanks. I'll give that a try and see what happens next scan.

You are welcome.
    Best regards.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information