Thread: Version 7.0 features

acplant Guest

Default Version 7.0 features

I have version 7.0.483.000 on my desktop (XP Home).
    I just bought a refurbished notebook (XP Pro) and need to install security software, so I was looking at the ZA site to see about buying a download.
    ZA Internet Security Suite 2009 seems to have features that would be useful on both my desktop and the new notebook, so I was thinking about the download for the 3-user family pack.
    Then I checked the FAQs .pdf for version 7.0--it describes features (like anti-spyware, game mode, OS firewall--the things that sound good about the 2009 version) that I don't have in my copy of 7.0.
    Are there different versions of 7.0 (I bought mine on disk about a year and a half ago, renewing the anti-virus when it expired)?
    If I want the missing features for my desktop, do I have to pay for the 2009 version (even though I have nearly 6 months left on my anti-virus update subscription)?
    If I buy the 2009 download, will it be the version 8.0 that is giving users so many problems?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Version 7.0 features

Here is the release history of ZA Suite
    - click here > http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html
    . Best advice is to stay with 7.0.483, but you do have the option to try for 8.0 if you wish.<hr>and click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73645<hr>
    &gt; http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=50008#M76485<hr>Ok when you buy a three pc subscription - you have the 'complete freedom to use any downloadable version you wish and upgrade &quot;at your discretion&quot; - if you wanted you can stay with 7.0.483 for the next few monthes, or update to 8.0 in Dec. - whenever; upgrades are 'free' and are part of your subscription plan/ contract. After purchase, you get the 'license key' then it is up to 'you' to download the version you 'want' and enter key when prompted, easy. { Use the release history page to download your ZA - best method } You can keep one with 7.0.483 and try the new 8.0 on the laptop; it's all your discretion.<hr>As for your present options: it reads as two-
    pc and refurb laptop...1 - one option - for the refurb use the free ZA firewall for the last 6 monthes, and then get a 3 pc license2 - call ZA customer service explain your situation and your desire for a 3 pc subscription and they 'may' offer you some sort of reasonable deal/ compensation for the left-over subscription that you have now<hr>Just one last tip - whenever you upgrade or un-install ZA ...You can try this: just prior to new downloading attempt, on your current ZA &gt; go to &quot;Overview&quot; &gt; Preferences &gt; General - &quot;uncheck the box for&quot; = 'Load ZoneAlarm at startup' &gt; click once, wait - it may take a few
    seconds for it to register, but it will clear the box.[*]
    Please restart/ reboot. &lt;[*]&gt;
    Now, download and install your new 483 or 8.0. Unloading the current/ old version will ensure less conflicts between the old version and new version; after install you will have to re-start your pc. { This is a Super Tip - that will help prevent some 'true vector/ vsmon.exe
    issues' on upgrades/ updates / un-installs
    }<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 9-21-08 - Any Way You Want It - Journey<ul>[/list][/list]

Thread Information