Thread: ZA download says it won't work on 64-bit

hollyshort Guest

Default ZA download says it won't work on 64-bit

That's the message I get when I install. But I don't think my new machine IS 64 bit. It's got E220 intel pentium dual core. I was never told it is 64 bit, and, even so, I read in these forums that naive melody said that doesn't mean it truly IS 64 bit, even if it had AMD's 64 bit on the front. It was too inexpensive for that, and it runs Vista Home Premium.

So, what do I use? I just uninstalled that icky McAfee.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ZA download says it won't work on 64-bit

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>hollyshort wrote:
    That's the message I get when I install. But I don't think my new machine IS 64 bit. It's got E220 intel pentium dual core. I was never told it is 64 bit, and, even so, I read in these forums that naive melody said that doesn't mean it truly IS 64 bit, even if it had AMD's 64 bit on the front. It was too inexpensive for that, and it runs Vista Home Premium.

So, what do I use? I just uninstalled that icky McAfee.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>ALL versions of ZoneAlarm are for 32-Bit Windows.., 32-Bit ZoneAlarm will run OK on a 64-Bit CPU or even Duo Core 64-Bit CPU, that are using 32-Bit Windows..Please read the Following Messages from the Moderator..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=865http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=10636---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.055.000 (32-Bit) BETA
    TrueVector version:8.0.055.000
    Driver version:8.0.055.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:960267246
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200809.4685
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Computer Vista Home Premium SP1 (32-Bit)
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:8.0.015.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.015.000
    Driver version:8.0.015.000
    A Vast 4.8 Anti-Virus Home Edition
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

hollyshort Guest

Thanks, GeorgeV. I had already searched and read those posts, but I still appreciate the time and effort you took.

My problem is that I downloaded the 32 bit ZISS (I have a 3 pc subscription) and it wouldn't install. You see the error message. I find it extremely hard to believe there is no way to install it on this machine. AFAIK all the software is 32 bit. It does say 64-bit on one screen. This was a rather inexpensive ACER, and I can't believe it would have 'true' 64bit OS. I paid close attention to Naive Melody's post, but I still don't know how to work around that &quot;will not install on a 64-bit&quot; message!

Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>hollyshort wrote:
    Thanks, GeorgeV. I had already searched and read those posts, but I still appreciate the time and effort you took.

My problem is that I downloaded the 32 bit ZISS (I have a 3 pc subscription) and it wouldn't install. You see the error message. I find it extremely hard to believe there is no way to install it on this machine. AFAIK all the software is 32 bit. It does say 64-bit on one screen. This was a rather inexpensive ACER, and I can't believe it would have 'true' 64bit OS. I paid close attention to Naive Melody's post, but I still don't know how to work around that "will not install on a 64-bit" message!

Thanks.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Sorry about that.... We are all Users here in this User Forum..You can Contact Customer Service Directly for Free and Get a REFUND since you have a 64-Bit OS..This User Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction by Other more Experienced Users..
    ZoneAlarm Tech Support and Customer Service do notRead this Forum..There are two Seperate Web-links for those two services..Customer Service www.zonealarm.com/csform or Click on the Customer Service Icon at the Bottom of this Message..ZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key) www.zonealarm.com/tsform
    ---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.055.000 (32-Bit) BETA
    TrueVector version:8.0.055.000
    Driver version:8.0.055.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:960267246
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Computer Vista Home Premium SP1 (32-Bit)
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:8.0.015.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.015.000
    Driver version:8.0.015.000
    A Vast 4.8 Anti-Virus Home Edition

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 12-03-2008 08:56 PM
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

naivemelody Guest

Default Attention: hollyshort - read this...

&quot;My problem is that I downloaded the 32 bit ZISS (I have a 3 pc subscription) and it wouldn't install. You see the error message. I find it extremely hard to believe there is no way to install it on this machine. AFAIK all the software is 32 bit. It does say 64-bit on one screen. This was a rather inexpensive ACER, and I can't believe it would have 'true' 64bit OS. I paid close attention to Naive Melody's post, but I still don't know how to work around that &quot;will not install on a 64-bit&quot; message!&quot;<hr>hollyshort, click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...=153318#M79209
    - click on the microsoft URL link/ 2nd link,
    if you need more help in determining your OS. I believe you do have just a 32 bit OS, and after reading the above statement you made it gave me a clue...<hr>Click here &gt; http://forum.zonealarm.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=78568
    = did you un-install/ delete that Acer program?? This is probably the critical issue; do it and then try to install ZA following the tips and guidelines in here -&gt;
    click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73617
    - make sure any previous pre-installed security software is un-installed properly, shut-down Windows Defender prior to ZA install, make sure Windows firewall is off, too. If you want less hassles you may want 7.1.254 instead of 8.0 &gt; but if your confident and fairly experienced pc tech user you can try 8.0, your choice.<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 9-28-08 - Don't Dream It's Over - Crowded House

Thread Information