Thread: ZoneAlarm and Kaspersky

kamel Guest

Default ZoneAlarm and Kaspersky

Hi,

I have ZoneAlarm Security Suite installed and I when I tried to install Kaspersky, I was prompted to uninstall ZoneAlarm. I don't wnat to uninstall ZoneAlarm, it is the best product so far. Any idea how I can "detour" that?

Thanks for any help.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ZoneAlarm and Kaspersky

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>kamel wrote:
    Hi,

I have ZoneAlarm Security Suite installed and I when I tried to install Kaspersky, I was prompted to uninstall ZoneAlarm. I don't wnat to uninstall ZoneAlarm, it is the best product so far. Any idea how I can "detour" that?

Thanks for any help.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>1.) ZoneAlarm Security Suite Includes an SKD OEM version of Kasperky Anti-Virus,2.) you can On;y have one Active Firewall and One Active Anti-Virus install without Compromising or corrupting your Security..Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time. <HR>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two anti-virus products at the same time..

3.) You can not Update or Replace the Integrated version of Kaspersky with the Compercial version of Kaspersky..The two versions of Kaspersky will Conflict with each other..4.) the Only way that ZoneAlarm will Co-Exist with the Comercial Version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus, is to Uninstall ZA Security Suite, Re-Install ZoneAlarm Free or ZoneAlarm Pro, then Install KAV afterwords..But both ZA Security Suite and Za Anti-Virus come with Kaspersky Anti-Virus Inclused in the Install Module..---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.020.000 32-Bit (BETA)

TrueVector version:8.0.020.000
    Driver version:8.0.020.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:958367004
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200808.4505
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Computer Vista Home Premium SP1 (32-Bit)
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:8.0.015.000

TrueVector version:8.0.015.000
    Driver version:8.0.015.000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200808.4505
    A Vast 4.8 Anti-Virus Home Edition
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

aardfather Guest

It seems that you can't have even ZoneAlarm firewall installed together with the latest Kaspersky 2009 anti-virus software. I was upgrading my Kaspersky AV 7.x to 2009 (8.x) and the setup asked me to remove the ZoneAlarm first and didn't let me proceed before. This is quite surprising and disapponting as well, especially as ZoneAlarm is using Kaspersky's AV-engine one would think, that there aren't any compatibility issues at least between these two. Besides I didn't have any problems using both using KAV 6.x/7.x and ZoneAlarm firewall before, but now I'm forced to remove ZA firewall and I'm not at all happy about it.

I haven't tried though installing ZA afterwards and see if they can work together without problems, but if the setup told ZA can't be used with KAV 2009 I doubt they can work together without any problems.

Does anyone here have any experience using the combination of KAV 2009 and latest ZA firewall?

You may find the kaspersky/ZA Pro combination works if the KAV is first installed, and then the ZA is installed.
    Then make sure the zlclient.exe and the vsmon.exe are set as Trusted in the KAV antivirus.

There will be certain issues with the ZA Free and the KAV, as the ZA Free installer is actually the full ZAISS installer (with all of the kaspersky drivers and files) in disguise.

Some users have found the Kaspersky works fine with the ZA Free if the ZA is pre-version 7, where the ZA Free installer is still based upon the ZA Pro and not the ZAISS.

Best regards.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

aardfather Guest

Thank you for your answer.

I will try installing ZA now as the new KAV is already installed and see if the combination works. Will also add the processes as trusted as you suggested. I will post here the results later. I'm using the ZA Pro version btw. Forgot to mention it in my earlier post.

Okay. Let see how this works for you!
    Best regards.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

messyhead Guest

I have KAV2009 and ZAPro installed, and both seem to work together without any issues.

However, I'm using Vista SP1, and I'm getting problems with slow shutdown, and also accessing internet. Although having read a few threads now, it seems those problems are to do with version 8 of ZA.

Message Edited by messyhead on 09-29-2008 12:08 PM

<blockquote><hr>messyhead wrote:
    I have KAV2009 and ZAPro installed, and both seem to work together without any issues.

However, I'm using Vista SP1, and I'm getting problems with slow shutdown, and also accessing internet. Although having read a few threads now, it seems those problems are to do with version 8 of ZA.

Message Edited by messyhead on 09-29-2008 12:08 PM
    <hr></blockquote>

The beta is out now to resolve any issues with the version 8, so to would seem there will be a final release coming soon. The newer final release should fix things.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

aardfather Guest

Hi again, I did as advised and re-installed ZoneAlarm firewall after first uninstalling it and installing KAV 2009 and the two seem to work together just fine without any problems after a couple of days of use.

Not sure if the zlclient.exe and the vsmon.exe need to be in the excluded list in KAV, but I put them there anyway as advised just in case and everything works like a charm again.

Thanks for the help.

You are welcome Aardfather.
    Best regards.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information