Thread: PC freezes when switch user

abraxsaz Guest

Default PC freezes when switch user

Been using Zone Alarm for awhile now , it's been handy but got a problem now that will result in finding something else. I have more than one person with an account on this PC it has WIN XP Pro when we try and switch users, it locks to a blank screen for about 10 minutes, before it allows me to do anything. If I uninstall zone alarm and try to switch uers no problem not even seconds. Already tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. I had orignally doen the upgrade option. Details bellow ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.020.000 TrueVector version:8.0.020.000 Driver version:8.0.020.000 Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678 Anti-virus signature DAT file version:960758202 Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0 Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200810.4725 AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

riceorony Guest

Default Re: PC freezes when switch user

I noticed you're using version 8.0.020

It is known to cause delays in shut-downs for both XP and Vista. I am assuming it's going to extend to switching users too.

I suggest reporting this to technical support (a lot of people have already done this).

In the meanwhile, please uninstall and go back to the older version 7 until a viable fix has been released.

I too love the new GUI of version 8, but the extended shutdown time (from 20-30 seconds to 15 minutes) is to much for me.

Thread Information