Thread: Utorrent not shutting down

rockinfarmer Guest

Default Utorrent not shutting down

Hi, i hope this is the right category for this question. I didn't see a fit anywhere else. Anyways, I installed Zonealarm free version 7.1.254.000 last night. Everything seemed to go smooth with the install and running on my computer. This morning, i started up Utorrent to do some downloading. After a couple of hours of it running, i decide to shut it down. Here is my problem, it wouldn't shut down completely. I had to restart my computer. I never had this problem before installing Zonealarm. Surely, someone else has had this problem. Thanks for any help.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: Utorrent not shutting down

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>rockinfarmer wrote:
    Hi, i hope this is the right category for this question. I didn't see a fit anywhere else. Anyways, I installed Zonealarm free version 7.1.254.000 last night. Everything seemed to go smooth with the install and running on my computer. This morning, i started up Utorrent to do some downloading. After a couple of hours of it running, i decide to shut it down. Here is my problem, it wouldn't shut down completely. I had to restart my computer. I never had this problem before installing Zonealarm. Surely, someone else has had this problem. Thanks for any help.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

<HR>Look to the Top Left of your Message, you will see a Searc Box with a RED Search Button..Type in: Utorrent not shutting down, and click the RED Search Button, you will get lots of advice and solutions to that problemhttp://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/s...p;index=public
    </BLOCKQUOTE>--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000 32-Bit Beta
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:961308980
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200810.4775
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

rockinfarmer Guest

Thanks for the reply. I did do a search before i posted but didn't really find an answer. Basically, all i found was going back to an eariler version or just uninstalling zonealarm. Maybe this problem will be cleared up in the next version. I think i'll just go back to using the Vista firewall. Again thanks for the help.

ozsmac Guest

I'm having exactly the same issue myself, just installed the latest Beta to see if that fixes things for me.

Thread Information