Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Re: Erasing Zone Alarm Internet Logs

lordpuffer Guest

Default Re: Erasing Zone Alarm Internet Logs

I have ZA Free Version 6.1.744.001. I tried to find the file zalog.txt in safe mode under Internet Logs but could not find it. I also did a search (also looking in hidden folders and files) and still could not find it. Where could my ZA logs be so I can delete them?

On another separate issue, the reason I keep this older version of ZA is because I had a newer version years ago which used up a lot of CPU usage all of the time and I believe (but don't remember for sure) that my cursor would clock a lot when I wasn't doing anything. Again, that was years ago. If I update to the current ZA Free version, will I still have that problem? Or does the old adage, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" apply here?....Thanks.

zaswing Guest

Some folders or files might be hidden?
    In Windows explorer click Tools, then folder option, then View.
    Scroll down the list till you see Hidden files and folders and make sure it says Show hidden files and folders.
    Click Apply, then click Apply to All Folders.
    Close windows explorer. Start it up again.
    Then in \windows\internet logs you should be able to see ZA logs.

No need for safe mode. the Logs are visible in normal mode, and all but the current one can be deleted.

lordpuffer Guest

Thanks....I did that....I looked under C://Windows/Internet Logs.....Still no Zone Alarm Log.....Can they be somewhere else? Can they be called something else?

lordpuffer Guest

Hi....Also, do you have an answer to my second question? Thanks.

zaswing Guest

If it ain't broke do NOT fixit.
    6.1.744 is a fine free version. Possibly last best one. Nice and small.
    It has no ZA suite elements installed but disabled. Practically no conflicts with other applications.

I have no idea why you can't find the log.
    Do you by any chance have a C:\WINNT directory rather than WINDOWS?
    If you have a Internet Logs directory but no ZA logs then I suspect your logging is shut off.

Somplace on the setup of Alerts and Logs is a place to look at and clear the log. I think it's available in the free version but not sure.

lordpuffer Guest

Under "Alerts and Logs" it is turned On. When I look at "Firewall," for whatever reason there is only one recent entry. Under "Program," there are 13 entries. You cannot delete the logs using the program. So they must be somewhere in my computer, but I don't know where.

zaswing Guest

OK. Let's do this.
    In safe mode delete in the c:\windows|winnt\Internet Logs directory files which are *.RDB and *.LDB and any temp files you see.
    That should clean up all the flawed databases and perhaps things will return to normal.

As far as a small number of alerts - if you use a router, alerts count is indeed very small.

There's a thread about free ZA logs - apparently it displays one day of alerts not all of them, but that still doesn't explain why you can't find yours
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=71152#M42227

Message Edited by zasuiteuser on 10-06-2008 08:08 PM

lordpuffer Guest

I don't have a folder called winnt

zaswing Guest

Winnt is on Windows2000. Since you have not described anything about your system, all I'm doing is sitting and guessing what/why it is you might be possibly having issues with

lordpuffer Guest

I have Windows XP Pro, and all I want to do is delete the ZA logs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information