Thread: Acquiring network address animation does not refresh

jherron Guest

Default Acquiring network address animation does not refresh

Here is an odd one...
    I have found that the animation on the system tray network connection icon that appears when an interface is acquiring an address does not go away after the address has been successfully acquired. At first I though it was a problem with one of the windows updates. Then I found quite by accident, that if ZA is turned off the problem does not occur. I can force the animation to go away by opening network connections and doing a refresh. Apparently ZA is blocking the automatic refresh of the icon.
    I did not notice the exact version of ZA that started doing this. I am seeing the problem on Windows XP SP2 and SP3.
    Has anyone seen this and found a solution that is better than a manual refresh?
    Thank you,Jim

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

zaswing Guest

Default Re: Acquiring network address animation does not refresh

Well, not sure it's in anyway related to ZA. I've seen that icon not refresh for hours even though IP address has been created. ZA was not anywhere in the picture. I think it may have somthing to do whether DHCP service is running or not, but I haven't really pinned it down to why, since, to me, it's just a cosmetic issue I can live with.

Thread Information