Thread: Pausing Updates in Security Suite

konini Guest

Default Pausing Updates in Security Suite

Hello everybody
    Apologies if this has already been covered but browsing is impossible at the moment. I'm currently in Indonesia where broadband is a relative term and this relates directly to my problem, which has annoyed me for about 18 months but I've put up with it until now.

Is there a way to pause or cancel the automatic AV definition update? I know I need to update daily, but when it runs it takes just about all of the bandwidth and I can't load anything in my browser if I'm on a slow connection (which is often in this part of the world). I would just like to choose when it updates for when I need get online and quickly check emails. I use uTorrent and have the same difficulty with it, but there is an option in the program to pause downloads. Can't find anything similar in Zone Alarm.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Operating System:Windows Vista Business
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Pausing Updates in Security Suite

SorryHourly AV updatesis a Known issue for the pastfew months..There has been several Fixes to allow Users to Re-configure theAV/AS Updates Every Hour, 3 Hours, 6 Hours 12 Hours, DailyBut there is still a flaw in the Code that causes ZASS to Check for AV updates hourly or every 2 hours..Until the Developers find a Fix, The Only other Option is to Turn Off Automatic AV Updates, and Manually Update. (Not Recomended)--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:963522831
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200811.4845
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

willmar Guest

Default Re: Pausing Updates in Security Suite

HelloWhen I do not will be interrupted by AV updates, I set my ZASS to "Game Mode"To do that go to your ZASS icon near the clock in the lower right corner. Right click and click on "Game Mode". Then choose "Answer all alerts with Deny". Then minimize.Willmar
    Understanding Game Mode<a target="_blank"></a>

Game Mode minimizes interruptions while you play computer games by doing the following:<div class="pSmartList1"><ul><a target="_blank"></a>[/list]<div class="pSmartList1">[*]Lets you temporarily allow or deny all program permission requests, so that requests are answered without displaying alerts.<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]Postpones automatic scans and product updates.<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]Suppresses all Informational alerts and all alerts in which you are prompted to make a decision. This includes:<ul>[/list][/list]<div class="pSmartList2"><ul><a target="_blank"></a>[/list]<div class="pSmartList2">[*]Alerts caused by Ask settings in the Programs List, such as permission alerts triggered by programs trying to send mail or act as servers.<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList2">[*]OSFirewall alerts, which prompt you to allow or deny behavior considered unusual or suspicious.<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList2">[*]ID Lock alerts and Outbound Mailsafe alerts.<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a>

Game Mode settings do not override Block or Allow settings in your Programs List. If you have configured ZoneAlarm security software to always block a specific program, it continues to block that program even if you activate Game Mode with a setting of Allow.<a target="_blank"></a>

Game Mode remains active until you turn it off, or until you turn off ZoneAlarm security software or your computer

Thread Information